http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:59

Default Re: my first flip flops

Thanks ladies.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2011, 11:29

Super Cute!

Old 03-08-2011, 12:04

So very cute!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajcnpgc4ever View Post
Here is my first pair of flip flops. What do you think?

www.doodlesbowtique.com
Old 03-08-2011, 12:39

Quote:
I used my hot glue gun. it looked like it will stay so hopefully it does. I made them for my niece so if it comes undone I will let you know.
thanks amanda! i picked up a few pair of flip flops at dollar tree today to play with and let my girls wear. i figure i'm not out too much money that way and if they work out... woo hoo!
Old 03-08-2011, 01:19

Adorable! I have never wrapped the edges like that before. I will have to test some out on my daughters as well. I really like your black & white! It would go with anything!
Old 03-09-2011, 10:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannababy View Post
thanks amanda! i picked up a few pair of flip flops at dollar tree today to play with and let my girls wear. i figure i'm not out too much money that way and if they work out... woo hoo!
That is a good idea. Get it cheap and see how it does and go from there. I bought the flip flops at Walmart for 2.50 and the ribbon there for like 2 something. I got the smaller polka dot ribbon that I wrapped it in at hobby lobby on sale for .99 cents. So I spent a little less then $ dollars. Good luck and let me know how yours do and send pics.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handmadebyjen View Post
Adorable! I have never wrapped the edges like that before. I will have to test some out on my daughters as well. I really like your black & white! It would go with anything!
I think it gives it more of a look then just the bows on them. I thought about wrapping the straps but I was going to use black so I just left them be.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:10

Very cute!!
Old 03-10-2011, 08:17

Quote:
That is a good idea. Get it cheap and see how it does and go from there. I bought the flip flops at Walmart for 2.50 and the ribbon there for like 2 something. I got the smaller polka dot ribbon that I wrapped it in at hobby lobby on sale for .99 cents. So I spent a little less then $ dollars. Good luck and let me know how yours do and send pics.
I'm very happy with how they turned out. i used hot glue around the edges and E6000 to attach the bow. hopefully that does the trick. these are walmart flip flops. i haven't started on the ones from dollar tree yet. it's still cold here but i'm very anxious to see how they hold up compared to walmart, old navy, hobby lobby, etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20110309_3.jpg (63.6 KB, 22 views)
Old 03-10-2011, 08:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannababy View Post
I'm very happy with how they turned out. i used hot glue around the edges and E6000 to attach the bow. hopefully that does the trick. these are walmart flip flops. i haven't started on the ones from dollar tree yet. it's still cold here but i'm very anxious to see how they hold up compared to walmart, old navy, hobby lobby, etc.
When I first started making FF's I made four pairs out of ON and Target FF's. They were for my daughter and her riding partners 8th grade trip to King's Island. The ribbon at the bottom stayed on fine, my daughter's was a little picked by the concrete, but they really lasted well considering they were on black top for 8 hours. After her trip I got like 6 orders from other parents whose kids wanted some too.
I was paying retail for ribbon so I went to the dollar store and grabbed about a dozen pair. They looked okay, but the foam (or whatever FF soles are made of) isn't as durable. As the FF is walked in and the "foam" is worn down the ribbon comes off the bottom. I may even have a few pair here that were never worn and warped!!
I stand behind everything I make and let's just say the $1.50 I saved by going to the dollar tree, had me in the hole after I replaced 4pair.
The Dollar Tree FF's are fine if you're not wrapping the sole.
I only wrap the sole now if it's for a custom order. Usually for someone wanting OTT casual wear/swim wear accessories.... I always tell them that it's really cute, but warn them that the ribbon on the sole could pick like a bathing suit on concrete. I don't charge any more for the 3/8 sole trim, but they know their kids so it's their choice...
Just trying to pass on a lesson learned! lol
HTH
Krista
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies