http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:18

Default Re: Just got pictures from a couple Ellie Bean models!

The problem with watermarking over a plain background is that it's super easy to clone. It took me like 2 seconds in photoshop to remove your watermark Shanna. SUPER cute photo btw!!

For the watermarked files that I give to my clients (after their print order) I use a faint banner style watermark across the photo. It's in an obnoxious enough place to make cropping difficult and also makes cloning difficult.

I just make a rectangle across the photo, fill it with preferred color, lower the opacity, then put text on top.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg love bug.jpg (34.1 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by erinnoie; 03-07-2011 at 12:29.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 03-04-2011, 04:51

Watermarking is very important. I never thought about watermarking any of my pictures. I don't have product pictures, but I do have a blog with pics of my little girl. Didn't realize that people stole pictures of peoples little girls and things like that until someone copied my story on a pregnancy website word for word, but she didn't take the photos because they had my little girls name in them, etc. That's a whole other story.

Now one thing you can do is is create a nice simple watermark. When you watermark you can make the watermark lighter by changing the opacity from 100% (darker) to 50% or lower so it won't stand out as much. I use Adobe Photoshop CS5. I hear Illustrator is easier than Photoshop and alot cheaper, but is very helpful and you find a million and one tuts out ther.

But heads up anyone who is familiar with Photoshop or any high tech photo editing program can take watermarks out regardless of where they are placed. That's why I like to put hidden objects in my pics. HTH.

Mom to Kali & Sia
http://kalihunefer.blogspot.com/ - Our Miracle
Old 03-04-2011, 09:08

unfortunately I watermark on my baby's face too.. a small one on her cheek.. doesn't look so bad but I wish they would just stop stealing our pics I had someone steal a pic on craigslist of a snowsuit I had for sale and I was livid....I cannot imagine how angry I would get if I was to see pics of my baby in other site that werent mine.. uggh so sad..
Old 03-04-2011, 09:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinnoie View Post
The problem with watermarking over a plain background is that it's super easy to clone. It took me like 2 seconds in photoshop to remove your watermark Shanna. SUPER cute photo btw!!

For the watermarked files that I give to my clients (after their print order) I use a faint banner style watermark across the photo. It's in an obnoxious enough place to make cropping difficult and also makes cloning difficult.

I just make a rectangle across the photo, fill it with preferred color, lower the opacity, then put text on top.
Oh I like the position of that one much more, and see where it would be hard to crop!

Another HG was so kind as to make me a watermark yesterday so I am all too excited to try it out!!

Thanks for all the replies and critiques ladies!!

Krista
Old 03-04-2011, 03:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by kary-0528 View Post
unfortunately I watermark on my baby's face too.. a small one on her cheek.. doesn't look so bad but I wish they would just stop stealing our pics I had someone steal a pic on craigslist of a snowsuit I had for sale and I was livid....I cannot imagine how angry I would get if I was to see pics of my baby in other site that werent mine.. uggh so sad..
I like the tiny ones. Do you think they're more cropable/editable? I wonder when I sort of hide them in there.

picture thieves are pretty bold. but I would transpar-o-size those buggers just a bit more LOL
Old 03-04-2011, 03:06

hey also maybe worth a try,
if you go into picnik you can create a watermark out of an image So if you have the graphics and sort of piece things together or want to move things around on your mark you could LIke if you want to take a lengthy skinny one and make it more rounded or square you could do that to make it fit in with the photo!
Old 03-04-2011, 03:21

I also don't like to cover the actual model with a watermark. I think it ruins the beautiful picture

Old 03-04-2011, 03:40

I just added another picture with a watermark that another HG made for me, I like the look much better

I figure if I get it just enough that the picture will look silly being croped I should be ok, and if someone does steal, anyone with a brain will be able to tell it is a cropped image! This is my hope anyway

Krista
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4inch RR bow on nylon headband 6-3 watermark.jpg (32.6 KB, 19 views)
Old 03-04-2011, 03:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by khofkamp View Post
I just added another picture with a watermark that another HG made for me, I like the look much better

I figure if I get it just enough that the picture will look silly being croped I should be ok, and if someone does steal, anyone with a brain will be able to tell it is a cropped image! This is my hope anyway

Krista

AWWW yay!

Also, it has been 147+ days since I have seen my DH, so don't expect me to be all rainbows and sunshine when you are being stupid. Oh, let us not forget the glitter.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaredithRoberts View Post
AWWW yay!
I need to give you a big shout out!!!

I thought I would be spending at least the entire weekend watermarking! BUT having the watermark to just paste on to my photos made it go so much faster! I am DONE! ....now just to get the rest of the model photos so I have more to keep me busy since I am stuck in bed until Monday (at least).

Krista
Sponsored Links