New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:05

Default An interesting tidbit on professional pics....

So I have really been working hard on my etsy shop. It had been dead for like 3 weeks, so I found a local photographer to do some trades with for shots of my products being modeled. I first had a pic posted that I took myself, (a little different headband, but same type of pic)
Feb.18, 2011 012.jpg
and haden't sold one for WEEKS! I then switched it to these pics that I got back from the photog, and I sold 6 of them. Yes, 6! I sold two, then one more special order, then I got another request for 3 more of them yesterday!

rb turquoise lace and velvet.jpg

rb turquoise lace and velvet clip.jpg

rb turquoise lace and velvet band.jpg
I guess professional pics really do make a difference.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 02-20-2011, 12:07

Default Re: An interesting tidbit on professional pics....

Gorgeous pics!!

I agree ~ I'm a visual person and some things I just can't picture someone wearing. Seeing it on mmakes all the difference for me.

YEAH for you!!!
Old 02-20-2011, 12:25

wow - that's great! congrats!

it really stinks b/c i know i can take some great modeled pics -- but the weather is awful here right now! can't wait to get outside this spring! hoping to do the same thing
Old 02-20-2011, 01:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedancr41 View Post
wow - that's great! congrats!

it really stinks b/c i know i can take some great modeled pics -- but the weather is awful here right now! can't wait to get outside this spring! hoping to do the same thing
Are you a photographer? Where are you located?
Old 02-20-2011, 01:25

Beautiful as always!!!!!
Old 02-20-2011, 01:29

Those photos are exquisite. Everything about them... the girl, the bows, the scenery. Perfection.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:52

Those look awesome! And yes, the prof pics are totally worth it IMO! If for no other reason than the fact that they can get their hands on those tiny lil babies that we all love!! lol
Old 02-20-2011, 01:54

I'm so excited! I'm sending out some stuff to two different photographers tomorrow! I'm trying to work hard on my Etsy shop now and I hope this will help! Your photos look great! And it's great to go through this together with a "friend" lol.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:08

Great professional photos. It's amazing how using a model makes a difference. Maybe I should try that. My pics are horrendous, poor lighting, crappy camera, etc.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:12

I totally agree, professional modeled pictures make a HUGE difference! It's completely worth doing, photos are the only way your potential customers can see your products online & I think having professional photos also implies to customers that your products are professional.

And those photos are beautiful, as well as the product!

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.