Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 02-19-2011, 04:09

Default Damask background in photos?

Hi ladies!
I was wondering if anyone knew how to put a damask background (as like wallpaper) in your photos? The picture usually consists of a model on a wood floor with white trim with a damask wall. I'm seeing pictures like this everywhere and I think they are soo cute! I want to photograph my daughter like that. Can any of you ladies help me out by telling me how they are able to do it?

(Please say its something easy like picnik )

Here is a link to a picture with the kind of background I'm talking about:
http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...841747&theater
"With God, all things are possible." Matthew 19:26
Check out my photography page:
www.facebook.com/AshleeSmithPhotography
Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2011, 06:32

Default Re: Damask background in photos?

I think most of them are faux walls...here's a link to a girl that's on here that sells them thru Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Silver...7447442?v=wall

www.sassyfrog.etsy.com
Old 02-19-2011, 07:08

I got mine from Target. It's a curtain. Paid $15 for it, and it's awesome! I don't have the example in this pic, but you just buy a baseboard and clamp to the bottom of the backdrop. I have hardwoods, so I use my own hardwoods. I've also ordered some faux hardwood mats such as the PP posted. In addition, you can use linoleum flooring. It's fake hardwoods that snap together in pieces. You can get it anywhere from $15+ a box, and a box will make more than enough! If you need to lay it on carpet, I would suggest putting some plywood underneath or it will buckle. Same with the faux flooring.

Here is my damask

Here is an example of a seamless paper backdrop with the linoleum flooring

And lastly, here is an example with seamless paper, the baseboard clamped to it, and my own hardwoods.

Sorry if this got too lengthy!
Old 02-19-2011, 08:43

Definitely much easier and cheaper to make your own as she said... I make my own also... the piece together flooring is excellent, and 15-25 a box (prices vary depending on shade of wood) is much cheaper than then 80+ it costs to buy one from a lot of places.... plus you can pick it up probably within an hour or two of you and save so much compared to shipping. I use paper or cloth backgrounds also. I don't clamp mine, i use velcrow. I velcrow whichever piece i want to use to the backboard i use. That stretches it tight to keep the picture looking great. Then its easy to switch to another. Just unvelcrow the one you're done with, and velcrow another on... the trim covers the bottom when i attach it, and so it looks clean all the way around My damask background is fabric...
Old 02-19-2011, 08:52

I get upholstery fabric, its wider than regular fabric, and its much thicker and doesn't wrinkle as easily, and I keep it rolled on a cardboard roll. I have some vinyl floor drops which I love, but I have the piece together laminate as someone mentioned, that's what's in this photo. ..

Old 02-19-2011, 09:00

What is it that you guys use to hold up your backgrounds?

Problem in my house is that we have baseboard heating and I have things on most of my walls, so I don't really have a wall free where I can attach a background to the wall easily. But I have no idea what I should use to hold it up, say, in the middle of the room. Do I have to buy a special stand for photo backdrops or does someone have a suggestion as to what I can do?
Old 02-19-2011, 09:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleK View Post
What is it that you guys use to hold up your backgrounds?

Problem in my house is that we have baseboard heating and I have things on most of my walls, so I don't really have a wall free where I can attach a background to the wall easily. But I have no idea what I should use to hold it up, say, in the middle of the room. Do I have to buy a special stand for photo backdrops or does someone have a suggestion as to what I can do?
I use a cheap background stand. I got mine for $50 off Ebay with free shipping. I had to replace it this week, cause my last one fell apart (it *is* cheap after all). My last one lasted 6 years though, which I think is awesome. It can raise up to 8 feet, and is about 9 ft wide. (I'm sorry I dont know the correct dimensions).
Old 02-19-2011, 09:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleycurtice View Post
Definitely much easier and cheaper to make your own as she said... I make my own also... the piece together flooring is excellent, and 15-25 a box (prices vary depending on shade of wood) is much cheaper than then 80+ it costs to buy one from a lot of places.... plus you can pick it up probably within an hour or two of you and save so much compared to shipping. I use paper or cloth backgrounds also. I don't clamp mine, i use velcrow. I velcrow whichever piece i want to use to the backboard i use. That stretches it tight to keep the picture looking great. Then its easy to switch to another. Just unvelcrow the one you're done with, and velcrow another on... the trim covers the bottom when i attach it, and so it looks clean all the way around My damask background is fabric...
I've never thought of velcro! THANK YOU! I fight with my baseboards all the time!
Old 02-19-2011, 09:17

Wow! I would have never thought of making my own! Thank you guys so much, that will help me tons when I photograph my lil' princess!

Where do you guys find damask fabric?
"With God, all things are possible." Matthew 19:26
Check out my photography page:
www.facebook.com/AshleeSmithPhotography
Old 02-19-2011, 09:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I got mine from Target. It's a curtain. Paid $15 for it, and it's awesome! I don't have the example in this pic, but you just buy a baseboard and clamp to the bottom of the backdrop. I have hardwoods, so I use my own hardwoods. I've also ordered some faux hardwood mats such as the PP posted. In addition, you can use linoleum flooring. It's fake hardwoods that snap together in pieces. You can get it anywhere from $15+ a box, and a box will make more than enough! If you need to lay it on carpet, I would suggest putting some plywood underneath or it will buckle. Same with the faux flooring.

Here is my damask
Thank you so much for posting this!!! I have been looking for a damask curtain to cover an ugly roll-up door/use for photos in my shop!! I had looked at my Target and didn't find any so I didn't even bother to look online but now I did and called my Target and they have only 1- so they're going to hold it for me!! So much better and cheaper than me buying that much upholstery fabric and making it myself!!!

www.sassyfrog.etsy.com
Sponsored Links

Tags
damask, editing, photo, photography, picnik