New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:05

Default Re: Damask background in photos?

Also, this may (probably!!) be a dumb question but where can you find the seemless paper?

www.sassyfrog.etsy.com
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2011, 10:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I use a cheap background stand. I got mine for $50 off Ebay with free shipping. I had to replace it this week, cause my last one fell apart (it *is* cheap after all). My last one lasted 6 years though, which I think is awesome. It can raise up to 8 feet, and is about 9 ft wide. (I'm sorry I dont know the correct dimensions).
Awesome, thank you! I will check Ebay!
Old 02-19-2011, 10:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissPersonality View Post
Wow! I would have never thought of making my own! Thank you guys so much, that will help me tons when I photograph my lil' princess!

Where do you guys find damask fabric?
I've ordered some from Fabric.com cause I don't have a Joann's fabrics nearby. When I make it out there, I get stuff from Joann's too. And usually you can google coupon codes for Fabric.com and joann's.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by davang1027 View Post
Also, this may (probably!!) be a dumb question but where can you find the seemless paper?
www.adorama.com is where I get all my seamless paper. I get the 53 inch wide rolls. it's good for photographing 1-2 children. If you want to do more than 2 children or adults, the 107 inch is recommended. You can also get on Amazon, but it's typically sold through Adorama on Amazon, so I just go straight to the source. I ordered three rolls Monday, and they were here by Thursday. I've been shopping from there for 5 years exclusively. I love them!
Old 02-19-2011, 10:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by davang1027 View Post
Thank you so much for posting this!!! I have been looking for a damask curtain to cover an ugly roll-up door/use for photos in my shop!! I had looked at my Target and didn't find any so I didn't even bother to look online but now I did and called my Target and they have only 1- so they're going to hold it for me!! So much better and cheaper than me buying that much upholstery fabric and making it myself!!!
You're welcome! It's very thick too, you're going to love it!
Old 02-19-2011, 04:00

Great idea to use velcro on the baseboard! I'll have to try that.

I also recommend the fabric store, look for Home Decor fabric on the cardboard tubes, they're about 10 inches wider.

I used this backdrop stand when I first started, and now when I go shoot in a client's home http://www.amazon.com/Interfit-COR75...8148948&sr=8-2

I get my seamless through Amazon, but as PP said, most are sold through Adorama.
I've also ordered from http://www.bhphotovideo.com
Old 02-19-2011, 10:17

LMAO maybe i'm ghetto but we have a super walmart, and thats where i got my fabric....

I built my background stand from 2x2 pieces and plywood, some really strong nails / screws etc... My original floor is real oak which is HEAVY so i suggest using piece together laminate, which is not very expensive, or peel and stick tiles are great too... Lowe's is a great spot for either of those... The peel and stick tiles are wonderous for backgrounds also.

Seamless paper i have found, is best to buy from prom companies..... good quality, but not as expensive as a lot of online paper stores...
Old 03-08-2011, 09:22

Just wanted to share pics of my creation! Thanks so much for your ladies' help!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ry.jpg (30.5 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg ryl.jpg (29.0 KB, 46 views)
"With God, all things are possible." Matthew 19:26
Check out my photography page:
www.facebook.com/AshleeSmithPhotography
Old 03-08-2011, 11:47

That turned out beautiful! Did you get the curtain from Target? I have been looking for the same thing to take pics of my dd. Which curtain did you get?
Old 03-08-2011, 12:38

I just bought a Strawberry damask for pics in my house and I love it. If you buy from Lemondrops they will sell you a poly paper which is a cheaper option. It is around $50. I would not use it as a floor but you can pin it to the wall.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg emma.jpg (31.1 KB, 33 views)
Sponsored Links

Tags
damask, editing, photo, photography, picnik