printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:17

Default A question for the photographers here

Hi Ladies,

I was looking into doing an exchange of services with a local photographer.

She would photograph my daughter with a few of my tutus (I was thinking 5) in different poses and backdrops.

She would give me the pictures and in return I would leave her my tutus for her to use as props with future customers.

Never having done this before, I'm not sure how it works. Am I supposed to leave her ALL the tutus I bring to the photoshoot? So in my case all 5.

Can someone please fill me in on what is expected. I'm trying to write up a contract but thought I'd check here first.

Thanks Ladies!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:49

Default Re: A question for the photographers here

That sounds fair. She would be shooting all the Tutu's, so it sounds fair that you would leave all of them. As far as a contract, that is up to you and how comfortable you feel. You are making sure you get the photographs? That is totally understandable You can google simple trade contract.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:53

I believe its a very fair trade. A professional photography session runs a lot of money, most often more than what you spend making the products...

I'd say it would be more beneficial to you if you got several shots per outfit and possibly a collage... If her work is great quality, and shes offering several poses / backgrounds for the items, it is a good deal

The best pro in your case, is that it is your daughter modeling for you, rather than a child who you have no association with.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:56

Yep, sounds like a good deal for you, for less than $50 in material, you are getting a photo session plus the digital files?
I charge a minimum of $150 for that.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:36

If you're getting full res digital images for 5 tutus, that is an amazing trade. I charge $850 for a full res disc. A lot of pro photogs don't even offer it. And bonus that it'll be pictures of your own daughter!
Old 02-19-2011, 09:03

Yes, that is a fantastic trade!!! I wish someone would do that for me around here, but all the photogs I love are $$$$$! So, I do them myself.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:55

That is a VERY good deal and a fair trade.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies