http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:08

Default Turnaround Time

What is the average turn around time you can expect when you send things to a photog??

I ask this cause I sent some items to a photog (name will be witheld) back on Jan. 20 and still have not received any photo's. I checked the DC number and they did receive the items.

What to do???
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2011, 01:18

Default Re: Turnaround Time

I would say 1-2 weeks from the delivery date. Have you sent an inquiry email?
Old 02-06-2011, 11:21

Any time I have received items to use in a shoot, the date of the shoot and turn around time is already predetermined giving a day or 2 leeway, if a change of plans happens you know those out of your hands things that can happen and email or phone call is made immediately.

my timeline usually goes something like this.... 1 day shoot... then I take 2 days to go through the images and take out the not so pretty/handsome grim-mises, so sometime after day 3 usually about 4 or 5 days after the shoot I sit down with the customer to go through the photo's and make their order (I do not do any editing until after they have choses the shots they like best or I would waste 100's of hours on things that don't matter)... now here is when someone who sends me something to have photographed comes in after the parents have chosen their images I go through and choose the image/s that was agreed upon with the supplier.. the suppliers image/s gets edited first and emailed out shipped out depending on agreement, then the customers get done and printed for them. so it takes me approximately 7 days from the time of the shoot to get the suppliers product ready.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:25

I try to get mine done 2 weeks turnaround. However, I use my own children/relatives as models so my turnaround is quicker. If you are using a photographer that only does sessions on weekends, and is unable to get a model release on Weekend A or something...I can see it taking more time...
Old 02-07-2011, 12:32

Yes, I would say within a week... I usually shoot the images the following day or two after receiving, depending on my work load, edit the next day and have them sent no later than a week after.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:54

I'd say a week is very reasonable, unless they are doing modeled shots and having a hard time finding a model. Even then though, they should be communicating that to you.

I'm all about the communication.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:02

Days? 1 week!?
You ladies must be joking.

I can assure you in most cases it is not 1 week LOL. Usually the time would be around a month no matter what the photog says.

Although lately some HG members are upping the standard. I just got photos back from a member here in a day!
Old 02-11-2011, 03:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by boutiquesweetheart View Post
Days? 1 week!?
You ladies must be joking.
I'm most definitely not. As a photographer, I can't see how on earth it would take a month to take pictures. Unless you are waiting for a newborn to be born, or you need outside shots and there is a bunch of snow, I don't get how it would take so long.

Although I guess you could also be used to using photographers who have such a huge clientele that they are THAT backed up. Not a bad thing for them, but I prefer to keep my base smaller so everyone can get more personal and faster service.

To point it back to the original post, even if it is "normal" for images to take a month, I think lack of any kind of communication is not a good thing. If it were me I'd at least like to get a "Hi, I received your items and the timeframe we are looking at is. . ." type of email or something.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:43

Huge clientele.
I am a pushover.
We're all friends so they don't think I will mind.

Either way - that was just my average. Not always the case, I'm sure. Wish it was
Old 02-14-2011, 07:28

I always return pictures within 1-2 weeks...at the most.
Has she been in contact with you?
Sponsored Links