New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:52

Default Question about picture models....Please advice

When you choose a model (for example girls to model your hairbows, tutus, etc...) do you get written consent from the parents? Do you write it yourself or how do you go about that? I was thinking about asking some people that I know to have their daughters model my products BUT I wanted to make sure I do it the right way to avoid any misunderstanding (you never know, now days). Have you ever had a bad experience with this? Any advice would help
Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2011, 09:19

Default Re: Question about picture models....Please advice

I think it's a good idea, to be on the safe side. Your friends may say "Sure, my dd can be on your website", but it's better to have paper backing it up.

Google "Photo release form for minors" to get some ideas about how it should be worded.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by korker2010 View Post
When you choose a model (for example girls to model your hairbows, tutus, etc...) do you get written consent from the parents? Do you write it yourself or how do you go about that? I was thinking about asking some people that I know to have their daughters model my products BUT I wanted to make sure I do it the right way to avoid any misunderstanding (you never know, now days). Have you ever had a bad experience with this? Any advice would help
I have not ever had a bad experience, but its always better safe than sorry in all cases.

Here is my parental consent form if you want to use it as an idea...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...39921662733295

Here is my photography release as well to keep you out of trouble from the photographer because its illegal to use photos without proper permissions....

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...39921662733295
Old 01-25-2011, 10:23

I hope that helped...
Old 01-25-2011, 10:51

I'm curious about this too..I understand trading product for pictures, and the photographer can then use those items as props in future photo shoots...

But what about the parents? Do they expect something from it too, or are they benifiting in another way?
Old 01-25-2011, 11:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermayi View Post
I'm curious about this too..I understand trading product for pictures, and the photographer can then use those items as props in future photo shoots...

But what about the parents? Do they expect something from it too, or are they benifiting in another way?
If you trade with a photographer, they get to have the props for all the kids they shoot for to enjoy... you get guaranteed professional pictures, they get new props, the kids get new items to shoot in, the parents get to have great photos done of their child modeling, which for some parents is really exciting...... Therefore the photographer is happy, you are happy, the parents are happy and the kids that model for them are happy. Its a great experience personally as a photographer to be able to offer boutique modeling for the kids i shoot for... its a real self esteem boost to the older girls and a treasure when parents put albums together for their babies who don't understand now but can look back later on what they did when the were younger <3

If you trade with specific models, you rely on them to get great photos done for you, which means you may or may not get great quality photos, depends on if you're trading with someone who's done it before and has a photographer on hand... the models get to keep what you send... so the parent gets items for their child, and you get photos of your items being modeled... I like trading with them as a photographer because they can get shots of several different girls wearing their stuff instead of one...
Old 01-26-2011, 12:14

Thanks so much for your consent form! I am having a girl model some stuff for my website and I was wondering what I could do to make sure the parent and I are in agreement over how I use the photos!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlhouts View Post
Thanks so much for your consent form! I am having a girl model some stuff for my website and I was wondering what I could do to make sure the parent and I are in agreement over how I use the photos!
I'm not sure if you're dealing with a parent / photographer or a parent who is also the photographer... You need a very specific agreement between you and the both as to how you can use the photos... It is illegal to post a photographers work on your pages unless you have permission to do so. If you want to use them on your fb page, other webpages, etc... you need permission from both, if you want to use them on business cards, brochures, ads, etc.... you have to have permission, if you want to add your logo to the photo of your items that are modeled you must have the photographers permission to do so. The parents have to have permission just to be able to post the pictures online themself, and if they are copywrited, without permission you can't add anything to them or crop them down or anything. I see a lot of people mess with professional images that i am sure don't have permission to do it, like teens around here with senior pics and stuff, i know they can get fined so i send them a message and they take them off. I can't give you much better advice... I require the parents and models for me to get their permission form notorized, because that takes out all question as to whether it is fake or invalid.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:12

I never thought about that! I just asked my friend the other day if I could take some pics of the girls modelling and yeah...went from there lol
Old 01-26-2011, 01:54

Thanks girls, those forms really helped. I'm taking a photography class and I have a professional camara and I was setting up my new website and I was thinking that I was probably going to ask some of my friends if I could take pictures of their DD and then I thought to myself, well "What if for some reason they decide to say they never gave me permission?" I guess you never know how your "friends" can be so I rather be on the safe side.Also, some of the people that I was planning to ask, are co-workers so I don't know them "like that". But that really helped me. I definitely want to do everything the right/legal way
Sponsored Links