Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!

Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/)
-   Picture Perfect (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/picture-perfect/)
-   -   Help with Picnik.com (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/picture-perfect/73292-help-picnik-com.html)

trendymom 01-07-2011 06:14

Help with Picnik.com

Can anyone walk me through... How do I make my background white? Also, when applying a watermark - should it be going thru the actual item, because I feel that takes away from the item!

CKane 01-07-2011 06:22

Re: Help with Picnik.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleTrends (Post 892650)
Can anyone walk me through... How do I make my background white? Also, when applying a watermark - should it be going thru the actual item, because I feel that takes away from the item!

not sure how to do the white background... but as for the watermark - I recommend doign through at least a part of the item... maybe a corner - that's how I do it.. It's because someone can take your picture and crop your watermark out of it, if you dont' have it going through the item. :D

hth!

*ps- I'll look into doing the white background for you and see what I can find out!

trendymom 01-07-2011 06:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKane (Post 892663)
not sure how to do the white background... but as for the watermark - I recommend doign through at least a part of the item... maybe a corner - that's how I do it.. It's because someone can take your picture and crop your watermark out of it, if you dont' have it going through the item. :D

hth!

*ps- I'll look into doing the white background for you and see what I can find out!

Thank you! Would you maybe post a pic so I can see how much of the corner you went through?

CKane 01-07-2011 06:42

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleTrends (Post 892650)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleTrends (Post 892671)
Thank you! Would you maybe post a pic so I can see how much of the corner you went through?

absolutely! Here's a few!

edit: meant to add one of another actual just product photo - here it is!

happyleesh 01-07-2011 06:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKane (Post 892686)

thats a good tip...i always see watermarks just in the corner (easy to crop) or ALL OVER the image to the point where the image is blurry. :( its a shame people have to watermark at all.

trendymom 01-07-2011 06:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKane (Post 892686)

Oh ok I get it now. So it looks like I'll have to crop my images first otherwise my watermark will be floating in mid-air!

Any luck on the background?? :/

trendymom 01-07-2011 06:50

1 Attachment(s)
How is this?

Should I let the words cover more of the headband? I don't want the words to take away from the object.

CKane 01-07-2011 07:24

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleTrends (Post 892709)
How is this?

Should I let the words cover more of the headband? I don't want the words to take away from the object.

can't seem to figure out the background yet - but will keep looking

as for the picture... I would do just a bit more - because someone can still take that and crop it out...and since it's so light and not on the product - can be done easily - I'll show you....I took your picture and edited it and put my on watermark on it...

just to show how easily it can be done if you don't put on the product yourself. ....

ykwim???

I'm actually working on watermarking mine in a better way than I originally started ...

trendymom 01-07-2011 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKane (Post 892778)
can't seem to figure out the background yet - but will keep looking

as for the picture... I would do just a bit more - because someone can still take that and crop it out...and since it's so light and not on the product - can be done easily - I'll show you....I took your picture and edited it and put my on watermark on it...

just to show how easily it can be done if you don't put on the product yourself. ....

ykwim???

I'm actually working on watermarking mine in a better way than I originally started ...

I SEE SAID THE BLIND MAN!! Lol. Thanks for your help!!

CKane 01-07-2011 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleTrends (Post 892782)
I SEE SAID THE BLIND MAN!! Lol. Thanks for your help!!

:D

you're most welcome! It sucks that it comes to this, but you have to protect your product!!! ;-)