New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:06

Default PLEASE Help with Paint!

I just got windows 7 (after reformatting after a virus), and it's not compatible with my OLD photoshopping software (not photoshop), so I downloaded Paint, but I can't figure out how to do a thing! I just want to have a little border like in my avatar (glowy white blur for lack of a better way to put it-I used to click layer & go from there) and add my name as a watermark. But I don't even see anything that will let me do that... I know I am an idiot, but will someone please help?? Thanks SOOO much in advance! I have all these pics I need to edit... HELP!
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 01-05-2011, 01:11

Default Re: PLEASE Help with Paint!

have you downloaded paint.net or gimp
Old 01-05-2011, 01:14

I downloaded paint.net, and I think I found the thing to add text, then I encountered my next problem. The font I use for my watermark isn't on this version apparently. So I downloaded it from online, but now I don't know where on Windows 7 the fonts are located at to add it! LOL. Even my husband is no help since he doesn't know Windows 7 very well. I keep hitting roadblocks. Argh...
Old 01-05-2011, 09:53

Still hoping someone can help with paint.net-Anyone know how to blur the edges or make a background? And I found the text, but I have no idea how to make it more transparent. If no help with paint, does gimp have more possibilities? I'm quite desperate!
Old 01-05-2011, 10:05
DimkaRoza

Paint is a pain use picnik.com it's easy & lots of features are free
Old 01-05-2011, 10:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimkaRoza View Post
Paint is a pain use picnik.com it's easy & lots of features are free
I am getting that idea. LOL. Apparently, it's supposed to be similar to photoshop, but I've never had photoshop, and I never use the paint already on windows. I'll try picnik-Thank you! I found Fotoflexer to edit pics online, but they don't have the font I use. Otherwise, I LOVE them.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:10

I have paint.net and am trying to learn to use it. I love picnik, but I always want to use the premium features and don't use it enough anymore to justify paying for it.

I can tell you that to make your font transparent you need to make sure that your text is in a different layer, click on layers, then layer properties, and then at the bottom of the pop up there will be a slider to adjust your opacity.

I haven't figured out how or even if you can blur the edges of a photo (I don't think you can), but if you click on Effects, then photo, you can soften and adjust how much you soften.

Hope it helps a little bit anyway!
Old 01-05-2011, 11:38

When you download a font on windows 7, I believe you either double click on it and something comes up that says install font or right click on it to install. It's been awhile since I've installed one.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakecutie View Post
I have paint.net and am trying to learn to use it. I love picnik, but I always want to use the premium features and don't use it enough anymore to justify paying for it.

I can tell you that to make your font transparent you need to make sure that your text is in a different layer, click on layers, then layer properties, and then at the bottom of the pop up there will be a slider to adjust your opacity.

I haven't figured out how or even if you can blur the edges of a photo (I don't think you can), but if you click on Effects, then photo, you can soften and adjust how much you soften.

Hope it helps a little bit anyway!
THANK YOU! I actually found that, but then when I went to make the text transparent, it looked like it was actually making my picture transparent, and I couldn't get it to do just my text. What did i do wrong??
Old 01-06-2011, 02:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
When you download a font on windows 7, I believe you either double click on it and something comes up that says install font or right click on it to install. It's been awhile since I've installed one.
Thank you, Dandelion! My husband did at least finally help me with that today, so now I just have to figure out how to make my name transparent. I can do without the pretty edge if need be. sigh.