http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2010, 02:55
Luckycait's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Central Coast, CA
Posts: 280
Default New business venture... Opinions please

So my Dad who is a graphic artist going into semi retirement just offered me a very big, very nice printer... With this printer I can do trendy back drops, faux floors and such for photographers... It prints on a heavy poster paper that is pretty durable... I can offer these at a fraction of what the retailers sell for... I think a 3'x5' is somewhere in the neighborhood of $130-200... I THINK I could sell for about $60.... And of course I could do all sizes... This is a VERY large machine and the ink is quite expensive so I just wanted to bounce this idea off of you ladies, any input??
Thank You!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2010, 03:09
Robin7786's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,712
Default Re: New business venture... Opinions please

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckycait View Post
so my dad who is a graphic artist going into semi retirement just offered me a very big, very nice printer... With this printer i can do trendy back drops, faux floors and such for photographers... It prints on a heavy poster paper that is pretty durable... I can offer these at a fraction of what the retailers sell for... I think a 3'x5' is somewhere in the neighborhood of $130-200... I think i could sell for about $60.... And of course i could do all sizes... This is a very large machine and the ink is quite expensive so i just wanted to bounce this idea off of you ladies, any input??
Thank you!!
i say yes!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2010, 03:24
Luckycait's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Central Coast, CA
Posts: 280
Default Re: New business venture... Opinions please

Thank You for the encouragement! My hubby is not too thrilled about this BEAST, so I promised I'd do some homework.... I am actually going to my dads to let him print me a cute one and I'll be doing a photo shoot this weekend (My TRUE hobby) So we'll see how it works!! I will also take set pics
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2010, 09:07
cupcakecutie's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dale, IN
Posts: 1,016
Default Re: New business venture... Opinions please

I think if you do your homework and make sure it is worth your while you should do it. Sounds exciting! Have you seen this business's FB page?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pho...45479328815679

I think their backdrops start around $65 (I don't remember off hand), so it sounds like you are accurate on your pricing.

Good luck!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2010, 01:14
Luckycait's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Central Coast, CA
Posts: 280
Default Re: New business venture... Opinions please

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakecutie View Post
I think if you do your homework and make sure it is worth your while you should do it. Sounds exciting! Have you seen this business's FB page?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pho...45479328815679

I think their backdrops start around $65 (I don't remember off hand), so it sounds like you are accurate on your pricing.

Good luck!!!
Thank you for that link... I just checked it out... same concept, a little different but it gave me huge insight... My homework is getting done, slowly but surely!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-31-2010, 03:36
erinnoie's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 229
Default Re: New business venture... Opinions please

A lot of photographers buy the poly paper or vinyl floor/backdrops. It's a great way to have a ton of wall options for clients!
I currently own 4 from PhotoProp and have one on the way from Lemondrop Stop ( http://www.lemondropstop.com/ ).
~these are the ones I own here~

A couple other places to get them are http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Backdrops-Floordrops-by-Imajen/113638775367983
and some pricey ones here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/PepperLu/120081888034495

I'm guessing that you'll have to create a good size selection of wood floors / brick / wallpapers in high resolution files that will print well at the large sizes.
GL with the possible business venture. I think it's a great opportunity!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-31-2010, 04:03
Luckycait's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Central Coast, CA
Posts: 280
Default Re: New business venture... Opinions please

Thanks so much for the info... as a photographer myself, I am the guinnie pig next week... I'll post pics
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-31-2010, 07:38
Maxine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,595
Default Re: New business venture... Opinions please

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinnoie View Post
A lot of photographers buy the poly paper or vinyl floor/backdrops. It's a great way to have a ton of wall options for clients!
I currently own 4 from PhotoProp and have one on the way from Lemondrop Stop ( http://www.lemondropstop.com/ ).
~these are the ones I own here~

A couple other places to get them are http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Backdrops-Floordrops-by-Imajen/113638775367983
and some pricey ones here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/PepperLu/120081888034495

I'm guessing that you'll have to create a good size selection of wood floors / brick / wallpapers in high resolution files that will print well at the large sizes.
GL with the possible business venture. I think it's a great opportunity!
Great post erin ~ and I love your siggie pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckycait View Post
Thanks so much for the info... as a photographer myself, I am the guinnie pig next week... I'll post pics
I look forward to seeing them (and welcome to HG!)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2011, 02:20
Luckycait's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Central Coast, CA
Posts: 280
Default Re: New business venture... Opinions please

So I am bringing the "beast" home in about a week... I have spoken with a couple local photographers that want to order!!
I will keep everyone posted with status of getting my styles, I'm letting the genius help me with that (Dad)
I will be offering discount pricing to HG girls so stay tuned
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2011, 06:23
sweetpeapalace's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 570
Default Re: New business venture... Opinions please

Maybe you could run an introductory sale for us fellow HGs ?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/canadatulle-300.jpg
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger