New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:54

Default Which Camera?

I am wanting a camera for Christmas. I'm in no way a photographer just want a nicer camera to take pictures of the kids and my own pictures for my boutique. I'm looking to spend no more than maybe 600.00 (don't want my husband to have a heart attack when purchasing) I've been looking at the Canon T1I and the Nikon D3000 .. I want something easier for a 1st time user of this type of camera or at least not to complicated to learn how to properly use it.. Any advice would be great and I'm not limited to these two cameras just two that have been recommended to me.
Thanks in Advance.
Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2010, 01:01

Default Re: Which Camera?

I have the T1i and LOVE it you can always add new lenses later when you learn more about the camera too!
Old 12-06-2010, 01:06

I'm a Nikon girl myself! I've had 6 and LOVE them all! Nikkor lenses are AH-MA-ZING.

Want to know what all the fuss is about? Join Bownanas on facebook. 1,300 members and growing!

I'll let you sleep with my husband before I give you my supplier information, so don't ask.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:06

I also have the T1i and love it. I'm in no way a professional photographer, but I will say this. There's no point in getting a camera of this caliber if you're gonna leave it in auto settings. Read the manual to what ever camera you do get, cover to cover. Sounds lame, but you can get just as good of pics with a point and shoot camera for a lot less if you don't learn the ins and outs of your camera.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:09

I picked up my extra lenses from staples.com. I used an app on my Droid called Shop Savvy and they showed the lenses for $99, but since I don't have a Staples by me, they shipped to me for free. The lense I got was $199 everywhere else. Just shop around for lenses.

Now, you can only edit so much in Picnik and Picasa...dh willing to get you an editing software too? That would definitely be a Merry Christmas!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 01:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobyshayngirl View Post
I picked up my extra lenses from staples.com. I used an app on my Droid called Shop Savvy and they showed the lenses for $99, but since I don't have a Staples by me, they shipped to me for free. The lense I got was $199 everywhere else. Just shop around for lenses.

Now, you can only edit so much in Picnik and Picasa...dh willing to get you an editing software too? That would definitely be a Merry Christmas!!!

i have photoshop on my computer i'm pretty good with that program.. what do you use?
Old 12-06-2010, 01:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahretro View Post
i have photoshop on my computer i'm pretty good with that program.. what do you use?

I have CS5 and Lightroom. DH has a friend who's company was bought out by Adobe last year and got us a ridiculous deal on CS5 when it came out ($52 shipped) and we got Lightroom for free.

I've heard from my photog friends that Nikon is more user friendly, but even my Nikon friends say that they like the picture quality of the Canon better. My friend has an older Canon and her daughter bought the Nikon that you're looking at. Mom loves her Canon, and daughter loves her Nikon, but thinks her mom's camera takes better pics. They both brought their camera's to do a baby shoot (before I got my T1i) and I have to agree with them. Mom's camera was better IMO.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobyshayngirl View Post
I have CS5 and Lightroom. DH has a friend who's company was bought out by Adobe last year and got us a ridiculous deal on CS5 when it came out ($52 shipped) and we got Lightroom for free.

I've heard from my photog friends that Nikon is more user friendly, but even my Nikon friends say that they like the picture quality of the Canon better. My friend has an older Canon and her daughter bought the Nikon that you're looking at. Mom loves her Canon, and daughter loves her Nikon, but thinks her mom's camera takes better pics. They both brought their camera's to do a baby shoot (before I got my T1i) and I have to agree with them. Mom's camera was better IMO.
they are about the same price right now.. the t1i is on sale for 600.. the nikon is about 50 cheaper. I really want to take the time and learn to use it I love taking pictures just wish I had an awesome camera.. i'm going to talk to my dad about buying a lens for it.. how do you learn what lens you like/ what they do?
Old 12-06-2010, 02:18

I am a Nikon girl! I have a D60... Honestly, my mom has the D40 and it takes great pics(I used it before I got mine).. its a cheaper camera now... we have purchased many cameras from one company off Ebay and have had nothing but excellent experience with them, great prices too! Let me know if you want the info and I will PM you!
Old 12-06-2010, 02:39

I have a Nikon D80 that I just love and it is pretty easy to use!
Sponsored Links