Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:16

Default Help needed...

Hi, Ladies! I am in desperate need of a photo lighting box because the pics that I currently take are awful. lol Do any of you have any suggestions as to which one to buy? I don't have much money to spend, but I want good quality of course. I have been looking on Ebay at this photo box (link below); does it seem like a good one because I don't know what to look for? TIA

http://cgi.ebay.com/Deluxe-Table-Top...item230ae2f3ea
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2010, 04:19

Default Re: Help needed...

I have a light box and a deflector. Both are great but to be honest I get the best pics when I use a plain white poster board and go outside to take my picks. You can even use the backside of your bow cards with a little slit to hold your clip. If you look at the pic in my profile (not my avatar)...I used my bow card to take that picture while I was outside. My camera settings are for outdoors and macro.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
I have a light box and a deflector. Both are great but to be honest I get the best pics when I use a plain white poster board and go outside to take my picks. You can even use the backside of your bow cards with a little slit to hold your clip. If you look at the pic in my profile (not my avatar)...I used my bow card to take that picture while I was outside. My camera settings are for outdoors and macro.
Exactly what I was going to say. My dh got me a light box and I dont like using it. I just go outside to take my pictures.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyFancy View Post
Exactly what I was going to say. My dh got me a light box and I dont like using it. I just go outside to take my pictures.

It is a real PITA to get all of your equipment out and set it up. I prefer the easiest way possible.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:51

I currently take my pics outside on a white poster board, but I have trouble with shadows and the bow looking dark.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:09

I have that problem sometimes as well. You can use the bow card or use a smaller piece of poster board (one you can hold up in the air) Cut a slit in the middle to attach the clip on. Angle it so the lighting is right and then take your picture. I have noticed using direct sunlight is not as good as if you took pics on a partly cloudy day for me.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:39

i find the best pics are indoors on white paper right by a window dont take them mid afternoon cause shadows are bad take them around 9-10ish and use your marco function on your camera, even if they are not 100% you can play with your exposure a bit to get it where you want it i use www.picnik.com free and super easy to use, i bought a light box has been sitting in the closet i used it once good luck!
Old 11-30-2010, 06:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
I have that problem sometimes as well. You can use the bow card or use a smaller piece of poster board (one you can hold up in the air) Cut a slit in the middle to attach the clip on. Angle it so the lighting is right and then take your picture. I have noticed using direct sunlight is not as good as if you took pics on a partly cloudy day for me.

Thanks! I never thought about holding it up in the air.
Sponsored Links