5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

View Poll Results: What type of backgrounds do you like to see on a website?
Photoshopped Crisp White Background 28 50.00%
Backdrop Background 15 26.79%
Solid Colored Background 6 10.71%
Other (please specify) 7 12.50%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 03:59

Default Re: White bg VS. Natural Background

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulafairy View Post
I do a mix. I try to have modeled product pic for each item and then the item by itself on a white background.
I was totally only thinking about modeled shots. I put ALL my product pictures on a white background - so that they look uniform. But actual pictures of models wearing my products I do not like the white background.
Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2010, 04:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2-4 View Post
I personally like anything BUT the white background. Either outdoors shots or backgrounds with designs. JMO!
Agreed! anything but the plain white background. But that's my .02 LOL
Old 11-30-2010, 04:19

I think I've decided on using product photos taken on a white background so that they look uniform, but not a PHOTOSHOPPED white background. I got really good at removing it and making the edges not so hard and then I decided that I hated the way it looked. It looked very generic!
Old 11-30-2010, 04:22

I use a plain white background but that is fixing to change as I am working on a complete overhaul on my website and all of my pictures.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:43

i have item pics on photoshopped white backround i think it lets the product be the focus and then i also have a pic of item on a model so they can see it in use, here is a link to one of my items for an example

http://mysweetbowtique.com/item_393/...th-Camelia.htm
Old 12-18-2010, 02:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysweetbowtique View Post
i have item pics on photoshopped white backround i think it lets the product be the focus and then i also have a pic of item on a model so they can see it in use, here is a link to one of my items for an example

http://mysweetbowtique.com/item_393/...th-Camelia.htm
Ditto. Important to give a crisp and clear photo of product only and then offer a photo modeled for example. I don't like to offer one without the other either. IMO white is best unless your items are too light. then i would go with a different solid that works with your over all appearance.
too many bkgs gunk up a site. When I see photos in different sizes/ taken different ways on sites or in etsy stores I honestly back away. I like the idea that the seller works to keep everything uniform. just because in my case the things that drive me work both ways. ie uniform appearance of photos means you may see uniform appearance in craft. i dunno.
I guess uniform overall is most important.
jmho.

also some sites are have OVERly edited photos. It's gross. Like when you look at the photo and know it was p-shopped. I think if that's the case you're better off keeping the picture as-is and adding a nice border. Maybe just softening it up a bit. If customers see too much editing they may doubt the quality of the work to start.

I voted white photoshop, so that's why I comment. It's nice.. but only when you have a fab picture to start from.

Last edited by knottyspoolgirl; 12-18-2010 at 02:35.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:51

I voted back ground back drop, but I like them all, IF they are taken with a good camera!
It all depends on too.... is this with models or just products?
Out doors or back drops with models, white photoshop for products.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:44

I chose "other". I like solid color background. If white, try adding a drop shadow.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:59

I would say it depends on how you want your site to look & the age of the model vs. the season....

I have one girl that has a very precise and uniform website, and i will be photographing newborns wearing her items on a complete white background for her to keep the clean cut images on her etsy site.

Most of my boutiques prefer the solid background usually white or at least all against one color, some like outdoor photos or a nice floor & backdrop combo. The solid white is a more uniform look and is very focused on the model & item modeled. If you have some pictures of models on diff colors of backgrounds, or some against both sold backgrounds & background/floor combos, sometimes it makes it look sloppy. It depends on if its being used for etsy, facebook, or a real website.

Most boutiques like to keep a similar theme, because unlike photography sites, where the different backgrounds & props showcase their work as well as what they have available to work with, boutiques are trying to showcase their items being worn, not where they are being worn.

Unfortunately it is single digits here at this time of year so outdoor is not an option for outdoor pictures unless the models are older. For the boutiques that prefer younger girls, outdoor pictures are impossible during the winter season if they live in a place such as where i do.

No matter what, the photos should consist of the model, the items modeled, and little else.... the more props and accessories in the photo, the more it takes away from the modeled item itself. Getting all glammed up and adding tons of boxes and boas and beads to a photo can look cute, but the more clutter/accesories/props, the more the focus turns to the photo and model as a whole, not the product itself. Sometimes asking for one of each photo types is nice. Then you can have something for a social site like facebook, and something for a more professional one like a business site or an etsy site, etc...
Old 01-05-2011, 05:11

I voted other beacuse if i am talking model pictures i like to have a real background such as a park or brick wall or something like that but if it just a product i like a white background. I think when you have backgrounds for just products its to busy and takes away from the goods.

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Closed Thread