New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
New products--hip girl clips
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

View Poll Results: Is it OK for someone to take another bow makers photos to sell bows via email?
Yes 7 4.40%
No 152 95.60%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2010, 05:08
Default Re: Copyright infringement.

Originally Posted by saref View Post
This doesn't have to do with bows, but I had an interesting experience with tutu photos. I happened to be on Etsy and I noticed someone using one of my photos for a hot pink pom pom tutu. It was the only tutu she'd sold, which I found interesting in itself. I sent her a convo explaining it was my photo and would she please remove it.

She replied in all caps saying she made the tutu and her best friend took the photo and that I better not contact her again.

Naturally, I couldn't resist contacting her again. I sent her the link to the photo on my flickr page (posted months and months before she put it on Etsy) and unless she lives in my house (without my knowledge) and put each pom pom in the exact same place and used the exact same spot on my living room wall, and took the picture with the exact same poor quality, there's no way she made that tutu. The best part is that her profile is all about how much she loves the Lord. So....being a smart aleck, I mentioned that for someone who loves the Lord so much she has some pretty flexible morals. (really, why lie over something so silly?) Let's just say it was quite a heated response full of "saved Christian lady" etc. but no more claims about the tutu. I didn't bother responding and she is still using the photo.

I don't make the tutu anymore, it's a pain to make, and I don't care if she makes it all day long, I'd just like her to use her own photo.

Sorry for the long winded tale...just thought I'd share.
Are you kidding?? Who on earth would steal a photo and REFUSE to remove it once confronted? omg... that is beyond ridiculous!

I think you should report her to etsy also. It's not fair for her to use your talent to enhance her business.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2010, 11:22

Sadly, I don't think Etsy pays too much attention to reported items.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:46

Originally Posted by lilredsmiles View Post
Did you report her to Etsy?!
No, I didn't report her (though I probably should have). I watermark my photos now, which is something I was naive enough to think I didn't need to do, so I chalked it up to lesson learned.

The thing I found most amazing was the initial response to my request that she remove the photo - all caps and telling me not to contact her again.

I'm going with "the world has a way of taking care of things like this and I'm sure the day will come that something like this will happen to her" theory.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:57

As long as sites like Etsy and eBay are making money off someone, that seller can do what they please, it seems.

Karma is the best way to mete out justice and she's real fair!
Old 11-12-2010, 10:41

No one has the right to steal your photos! I had this happen to me recently and I was furious...especially considering the model in the photo was my daughter. Stick to your guns. You are totally in the right.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:06

I haven't read all 7 pages, but imo.. absolutely not! This has happened with a few of the vendors I've become good friends with (crochet hat makers). Thieves take the great photos and claim them as their own, when their actual product looks terrible. Customers should be viewing a photo of the same item they will be receiving if they decide to purchase. I would be extremely disappointed as a customer if I bought something and it wasn't the same quality as pictured. Keep up the fight!
Sponsored Links