http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

View Poll Results: Is it OK for someone to take another bow makers photos to sell bows via email?
Yes 7 4.40%
No 152 95.60%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2010, 06:26

Default Re: Copyright infringement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMamaof4 View Post
Lilredsmiles is a member of a few different ribbon stores. These ribbon stores have purchased a license from Disney and Sanrio that allows them to design custom ribbon using the HK and mouse heads shapes. These ribbon stores can then sell that ribbon to customers (because they have a license from Sanrio and Disney to do so). Follow?
Perfectly. Thanks. I am just surprised that they are able to offer this ribbon so inexpensively figuring in the fees to Disney and Sanrio. Great to hear that it is on the up and up!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 10-21-2010, 06:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMamaof4 View Post
Lilredsmiles is a member of a few different ribbon stores. These ribbon stores have purchased a license from Disney and Sanrio that allows them to design custom ribbon using the HK and mouse heads shapes. These ribbon stores can then sell that ribbon to customers (because they have a license from Sanrio and Disney to do so). Follow?
Also, I wasn't asking about Lilredsmiles personally. I didn't notice any of her items even made with that ribbon. I was just curious about the ribbon being sold from those stores and which I happened to find in her siggy.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:41

She is a mod for the company. Also I think they have some sort of contract to print it for Disney as well. Not sure what they provide it for. I read that somewhere. Might be why it does not cost them as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhataxi View Post
Also, I wasn't asking about Lilredsmiles personally. I didn't notice any of her items even made with that ribbon. I was just curious about the ribbon being sold from those stores and which I happened to find in her siggy.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesewcute View Post
She is a mod for the company. Also I think they have some sort of contract to print it for Disney as well. Not sure what they provide it for. I read that somewhere. Might be why it does not cost them as much.
You guys rock! Thank you for answering these questions. Yes, these ribbons were printed legally. Donna designs these ribbons for the companies & then as payment for her work, she gets some of the rolls to resell in her shop. This is why they are such limited quantities. She won't reprint on her own without permission.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:30

I think if she wanted to sell it she should make her own and show that pic, not your pic, I know everyone makes what everyone else does, but use your own pics!!
Old 11-09-2010, 12:21

Especially Shelley,
She makes BEAUTIFUL bows and I can always pic hers out in contest we have on groups. I also saw the picture of your bow and KNEW it was yours too.. I am sorry that this happened to you it like she was stealing your business too.
You make Beautiful bows so it will def. hard to pull it off. =)
Old 11-09-2010, 02:04

This doesn't have to do with bows, but I had an interesting experience with tutu photos. I happened to be on Etsy and I noticed someone using one of my photos for a hot pink pom pom tutu. It was the only tutu she'd sold, which I found interesting in itself. I sent her a convo explaining it was my photo and would she please remove it.

She replied in all caps saying she made the tutu and her best friend took the photo and that I better not contact her again.

Naturally, I couldn't resist contacting her again. I sent her the link to the photo on my flickr page (posted months and months before she put it on Etsy) and unless she lives in my house (without my knowledge) and put each pom pom in the exact same place and used the exact same spot on my living room wall, and took the picture with the exact same poor quality, there's no way she made that tutu. The best part is that her profile is all about how much she loves the Lord. So....being a smart aleck, I mentioned that for someone who loves the Lord so much she has some pretty flexible morals. (really, why lie over something so silly?) Let's just say it was quite a heated response full of "saved Christian lady" etc. but no more claims about the tutu. I didn't bother responding and she is still using the photo.

I don't make the tutu anymore, it's a pain to make, and I don't care if she makes it all day long, I'd just like her to use her own photo.

Sorry for the long winded tale...just thought I'd share.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:16

wow...low morals and it will always come back to people in the end. Karma!
Old 11-09-2010, 02:32

Totally wrong! Not to mention it's stupid to "display" something you cannot make on your own?? WOW some people lack brain cells.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by saref View Post
This doesn't have to do with bows, but I had an interesting experience with tutu photos. I happened to be on Etsy and I noticed someone using one of my photos for a hot pink pom pom tutu. It was the only tutu she'd sold, which I found interesting in itself. I sent her a convo explaining it was my photo and would she please remove it.

She replied in all caps saying she made the tutu and her best friend took the photo and that I better not contact her again.

Naturally, I couldn't resist contacting her again. I sent her the link to the photo on my flickr page (posted months and months before she put it on Etsy) and unless she lives in my house (without my knowledge) and put each pom pom in the exact same place and used the exact same spot on my living room wall, and took the picture with the exact same poor quality, there's no way she made that tutu. The best part is that her profile is all about how much she loves the Lord. So....being a smart aleck, I mentioned that for someone who loves the Lord so much she has some pretty flexible morals. (really, why lie over something so silly?) Let's just say it was quite a heated response full of "saved Christian lady" etc. but no more claims about the tutu. I didn't bother responding and she is still using the photo.

I don't make the tutu anymore, it's a pain to make, and I don't care if she makes it all day long, I'd just like her to use her own photo.

Sorry for the long winded tale...just thought I'd share.
Did you report her to Etsy?!

Sponsored Links