New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:28
Default What is the best program?

I would love to try my hand at creating my own bottlecaps. What is the best program to use for this. Also, I need the best program to use to edit pictures. Mainly, getting the background out of pictures and just the bow or product show with the white background. Any help?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2010, 06:46
Default Re: What is the best program?

I know lots of people use Photoshop but it's not currently in my price range plus I'm not up to learning an intense program. So I have Microsoft Digital Image. I LOVE it! It's cheaper and very user friendly. It does SO much!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:41

I use for photo editing, but for bottlecaps, I actually print using microsoft word. I take my image into (it's the name of the websit and of the software) FREE BTW, and crop it into a square and save it.

Then I have a word doc that I changed the paper size to 4x6, I insert as many square photos as I can (I do a 3x5 grid of photos) and make sure they are sized to a 1" square. Then I print on 4x6 photo paper.

Sounds a little complicated, but once I edit the photo, I have it forever, and when I get a good combination of photos on one doc., I just save it and reuse over and over.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:07

I don't make bottle caps but I use GIMP for my photo editing and I am certain you could make bottle caps there as well. There is a little bit of a learning curve to it but once you've played around with it for awhile you should be able to get the hang of it. GIMP is a free software found at I know several of the other members use this program as well.

The easiest way to remove a background is to not have a background. A quick and dirty way of creating a white background for your photos would be to take a white piece of poster board/foam board/etc, set your item on top and take a photo from above. (I'm sure there are photographers out there cringing at that.) There are a lot of free tutorials/how-to articles online about creating a lightbox. I personally made mine from white foam board, a piece of poster board, a couple of sheer curtains, and clamp lights with day light bulbs.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:17

I use gimp & I bought amandas template for them.
Need Bottlecaps:

Mommy to Yasmin(10) , Daisy(4) Juan(3)
Old 10-23-2010, 12:56

Even the whitest of backgrounds will require you to do some editing, to get it perfectly white. This gives a much more professional look. Photoshop will definitely do it, but Photoshop Elements is much, MUCH cheaper, and will do this perfectly. It is under $100.

Sponsored Links