Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:31

Default Any one else in love with glow?

I just LOVE a glow finish! I'm addicted. I sure hope some of my brides love it because I want to use it a LOT!! They look so classy and so 1950s. This is a bride I photographed last weekend. She had the classic birdcage veil and it just screams to be glow and sepia...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0098.jpg (23.8 KB, 343 views)

Want to know what all the fuss is about? Join Bownanas on facebook. 1,300 members and growing!

I'll let you sleep with my husband before I give you my supplier information, so don't ask.
Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2010, 12:19

Default Re: Any one else in love with glow?

I can't help but giggle here........with 47 views and no replies, I must be alone in my adoration of glow!

Want to know what all the fuss is about? Join Bownanas on facebook. 1,300 members and growing!

I'll let you sleep with my husband before I give you my supplier information, so don't ask.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:58

I'm not sure what glow is. Maybe others are confused!
Old 09-15-2010, 01:51

Maybe they thought you meant Glee the t.v. show?!
okay, I'll stop being silly.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:26

its the finish on the photo. I mean the .. well its hard to explain LOL makes it look kinda blurry to me. but I could be wrong.

JJ on FB
Old 09-15-2010, 08:30

Sorry I was one that looked and didn't comment only because I don't really care for it and didn't want to burst your bubble
Old 09-15-2010, 08:47

It is the finish on the photo.

It is a bit blurry, that's the point of the finish. It gives a diffuse "glow" to the photo. It makes it light around the edges of things, and blurs it slightly. It is reminiscent of the 50s and 60s when cameras didn't have advanced lenses, so if you didn't know how to "use" light, this glow would happen naturally.

I realize it is an acquired taste, and my mother hates it as well! HA! I think it's neat. Very soft finish. I'm okay with not everyone liking it!

I'll attach one more with a slightly more mild glow. The thing I like about this picture, is that it makes me think of Pearl Harbor. The sailor, the girl, just classy. It's okay to disagree. I won't be offended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0040sg.jpg (69.9 KB, 162 views)

Old 09-15-2010, 09:03

I think its cute....Its just harder to see if they are in front of somethignlight...if the background is dark it'd be great
Old 09-15-2010, 09:29

I didn't comment before because I didn't particularly care for the first picture and I didn't want to be rude . I do, however, like the second one. As a previous poster mentioned, the dark background makes it look better. The bride in the first one blends in too much with her background and it was a little hard on my eyes.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:42

lol. Kind of have to agree with what everyone said. I like it sometimes but some people use such a heavy hand with it that you can tell it's an effect and it just turns me off. But everyone is different so if you love it, that's all that matters.
Sponsored Links