New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 08-22-2010, 05:27

Default What am I doing wrong with my lightbox

What a horrible title! Of course I've done everything wrong! First I made the cardboard one, but then I saw a foamcore one with 6 lights, so I made a hybrid...the cardboard box doesn't support the weight of th 6 lights unless I put them exactly where they are located.

I'm using daylight bulbs, 60 watts each. I pulled the top tissue paper out of the box so I can take pictures from above. I have a good camera, but I'm still getting gray pictures.

Advice please? I've attached a photo I just took along with a photo of the box itself. I'm using paint.net, but I've also downloaded gimp (having a hard time figuring gimp out now that I've been working with paint.net.

Is my problem something I can solve with adjusting my box or do I need to adjust it at the computer level. Thanks for all your thoughts. Sal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0059.jpg (42.2 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0062.jpg (25.0 KB, 152 views)
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 08-22-2010, 09:06

Default Re: What am I doing wrong with my lightbox

I made my lightbox with a box. I used tissue paper to cover the sides and the top. Then I put my lights on the side. Here is a pic I took playing around with mine. I think it turned out pretty cute!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0215watermark.jpg (60.8 KB, 113 views)

Last edited by mommyto2divas; 08-22-2010 at 09:39.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto2divas View Post
I made my lightbox with a box. I used tissue paper to cover the sides and the top. Then I put my lights on the side. Here is a pic I took playing around with mine. I think it turned out pretty cute!
I like your picture frame background. I did the tissue paper covered box, too. I wasn't getting enough light into the box, so my background is gray instead of white. I want a bright white background. I'm not even getting that with 6 lightbulbs blasting into the box... Maybe it's my camera's settings? Any other ideas?
Old 08-22-2010, 10:25

I have never used a lightbox before but its my understanding that even with using one you will have to do a little editing...Here's your picture with some editing done to it...I didn't change the colours of the bow at all, just played around with the background...
-Amanda
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-21.jpg (117.6 KB, 90 views)
Old 08-22-2010, 10:32

Ok. I p[lsyed around with yours. Here's my version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happels View Post
What a horrible title! Of course I've done everything wrong! First I made the cardboard one, but then I saw a foamcore one with 6 lights, so I made a hybrid...the cardboard box doesn't support the weight of th 6 lights unless I put them exactly where they are located.

I'm using daylight bulbs, 60 watts each. I pulled the top tissue paper out of the box so I can take pictures from above. I have a good camera, but I'm still getting gray pictures.

Advice please? I've attached a photo I just took along with a photo of the box itself. I'm using paint.net, but I've also downloaded gimp (having a hard time figuring gimp out now that I've been working with paint.net.

Is my problem something I can solve with adjusting my box or do I need to adjust it at the computer level. Thanks for all your thoughts. Sal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto2divas View Post
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0215watermark.jpg (63.3 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0059.jpg (48.0 KB, 83 views)

Wholesale Headbands, Rolled/Dainty Flowers, and Duchesse Flowers.

21 Satin colors and 20 Grosgrain colors. PM me for more details.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:40

Yeah, I think even the lightboxes for the most part (in my experience at least) often need editing still. Your photos are good, just needed a lil tweeking

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg

and LOL we all had too much fun with these pictures it looks like
Old 08-22-2010, 10:44

You can also play with the white balance on your camera. That can really brighten up your back ground to reduce the amount of editing you'd need to do.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:19

lol...Ya'll are too funny!
Old 08-23-2010, 08:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post
You can also play with the white balance on your camera. That can really brighten up your back ground to reduce the amount of editing you'd need to do.
Ok. I'm going to get out my manual and find out how to play with the white balance.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie View Post
Yeah, I think even the lightboxes for the most part (in my experience at least) often need editing still. Your photos are good, just needed a lil tweeking

Attachment 47661
Attachment 47662

and LOL we all had too much fun with these pictures it looks like
I love that you had a little fun with my photo...but how did you do that? When I'm in paint.net, I've searched the forums for how to remove the background, but haven't figured out how to do it w/o being choppy.

I've played with the contrast to lighten the photo up, but it lightens everything, not just the background. Please say you use a free editing program and not photoshop! I'd really like a tip or two on how to fix the background without changing the object.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies