New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2010, 01:09
clovertine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,447
Default How to use an image for a watermark?

Okay, I swear I've searched here & Google & I've downloaded 3 programs, but I still can't get it. Can anyone tell me how to use an image (my fancy new logo) as a watermark on my photos? I'd like to be able to make it translucent & put it wherever I want, but so far the only program I've been able to get it to work at all it is solid & has to be in a corner.

Is there a free program that will let you use an image? I hope so, lol.
__________________
-Christine
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2010, 01:14
Gracies Mom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central California
Posts: 1,908
Default Re: How to use an image for a watermark?

OMG, I was wondering the same thing! I've seen many people with their logo as their watermark and it is translucent....I hope someone is willing to share!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovertine View Post
Okay, I swear I've searched here & Google & I've downloaded 3 programs, but I still can't get it. Can anyone tell me how to use an image (my fancy new logo) as a watermark on my photos? I'd like to be able to make it translucent & put it wherever I want, but so far the only program I've been able to get it to work at all it is solid & has to be in a corner.

Is there a free program that will let you use an image? I hope so, lol.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2010, 01:17
clovertine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,447
Default Re: How to use an image for a watermark?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowsbymomma View Post
OMG, I was wondering the same thing! I've seen many people with their logo as their watermark and it is translucent....I hope someone is willing to share!!
Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who can't figure it out! I felt like such a loser posting, lol, because it seems like it must be so obvious & I just can't get it!
__________________
-Christine
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2010, 01:21
Gracies Mom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central California
Posts: 1,908
Default Re: How to use an image for a watermark?

LOL, I admit I was too shy to ask too! I've tried to figure it out too and I'm at a loss . . .
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2010, 01:35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: arkansas city, KS
Posts: 345
Default Re: How to use an image for a watermark?

i dont know what programs you are using, but some like photoshop elements allow you to set the opacity/translucence of a layer. that might work. i'm sure there are some designers on here who could chime in.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2010, 01:42
Gracies Mom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central California
Posts: 1,908
Default Re: How to use an image for a watermark?

I use GIMP, and don't know how to use it all that well yet, but I figured it had to do with layering. But can't seem to get it right. There is a transparency feature for the layer, but it isn't working how I thought it would . . .
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2010, 02:08
clovertine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,447
Default Re: How to use an image for a watermark?

Thank you, Laydewlf, I got it to work! I really hope there is an easier way, lol.

Bowsbymomma - I used Gimp. I opened my image, then opened my watermark as a new layer. Then I used the resize tool on the new layer until it was he size I wanted. Then I used the little move tool to put it where I needed it. On the toolbar thing that shows you the layers, there is a transparency slide bar thing (near the top) and I just moved it over until it was the transparency I wanted. That was it!

Not as bad as I expected, but I am so not comfortable with Gimp. I really need to learn how to use it, I hate not knowing how to do things well.

And I apologize for my crappy explanation, I obviously don't know what I'm really talking about, but hopefully you'll understand what I mean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg First Watermark!.jpg (40.6 KB, 46 views)
__________________
-Christine
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2010, 02:16
Gracies Mom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central California
Posts: 1,908
Default Re: How to use an image for a watermark?

I think I understand, I will play with it.

I'm not too comfortable with Gimp either, just downloaded it the other day, so still really green with it. I've used other programs in the past, but that was like 10 years ago, so much has changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovertine View Post
Thank you, Laydewlf, I got it to work! I really hope there is an easier way, lol.

Bowsbymomma - I used Gimp. I opened my image, then opened my watermark as a new layer. Then I used the resize tool on the new layer until it was he size I wanted. Then I used the little move tool to put it where I needed it. On the toolbar thing that shows you the layers, there is a transparency slide bar thing (near the top) and I just moved it over until it was the transparency I wanted. That was it!

Not as bad as I expected, but I am so not comfortable with Gimp. I really need to learn how to use it, I hate not knowing how to do things well.

And I apologize for my crappy explanation, I obviously don't know what I'm really talking about, but hopefully you'll understand what I mean.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2010, 02:22
Gracies Mom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central California
Posts: 1,908
Default Re: How to use an image for a watermark?

Yay it worked! Thanks for the info, it was that darn slide thingy I couldn't find but found it. Now I just need to get a good logo to put over my pictures.

Thanks again!!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2010, 05:37
yorkiemom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 818
Default Re: How to use an image for a watermark?

Christine, glad you figured it out and I give you lots of credit! I hate asking for help with things to the point I have website on Papa Shope and it's sitting there because I just don't get it and wont ask anyone to help me. All I know about computers is how to press send on paypal according to my hubby LOL
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger