key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:11

Default Picture of my Light box

Hi ladies...I saw a few posts about light boxes today and thought I'd share a picture of my lightbox setup. I used foam core board and daylight lightbulbs and used this tutorial that I found three years ago: http://www.studiolighting.net/homema...t-photography/. I did a few things differently like I didn't put a top on it and I clamped my lights all the way around the top. I get top views and side views of whatever I'm taking a picture of this way. The tutorial does show you how to cut a hole in the top to make it top view, but I like having it without a top.

I've included a few before/after pics of photos I've taken in my light box. I edit using GIMP, Picasa, and www.photoshop.com. All of those programs are FREE. Sometimes one works differently/better than the other for different reasons. You just have to play around with it to find what works for you. Hope this helps someone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Light box.jpg (52.2 KB, 316 views)
File Type: jpg Butterflies (before).jpg (21.3 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg Butterfies (after).jpg (41.5 KB, 281 views)
File Type: jpg Bow holder (before).jpg (20.2 KB, 249 views)
File Type: jpg Bow holder (after).jpg (36.2 KB, 255 views)
Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2010, 03:18

Default Re: Picture of my Light box

Wow! That is an amazing difference! I was wondering how everyone got their pictures so clear, bright and crisp! Thanks for sharing this!

By the way, your clippies are amazing, as is the bow holder! The appliques are so cute on the lined clip!
Old 07-19-2010, 03:23

Thank you for posting this! The tut I was going to follow was much more complex! I am scrapping that plan and following this one now!
Old 07-19-2010, 03:23

Awesome!
Thank you!
Old 07-19-2010, 03:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandlysasmom View Post
Awesome!
Thank you!

how much were the bulbs?
Old 07-19-2010, 03:26

Thanks for sharing, I will be having to make one once winter comes around so this is perfect!

I'll definitely have to get more lights, so far I only have 2.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnekolny View Post
Wow! That is an amazing difference! I was wondering how everyone got their pictures so clear, bright and crisp! Thanks for sharing this!

By the way, your clippies are amazing, as is the bow holder! The appliques are so cute on the lined clip!
You are so welcome! My cats like to take naps in my light box, so I usually have to dust bust it before I use it. LOL! Thank you so much! When I got that giant bag of appliques I felt like I was in heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Kailyn View Post
Thank you for posting this! The tut I was going to follow was much more complex! I am scrapping that plan and following this one now!
Yaaay! I'm so glad this will help you make a box that is da bomb. Hehehe! It's easy to make.

Quote:
Awesome!
Thank you!
You are so welcome!

Quote:
how much were the bulbs?
I got the bulbs at Home Depot and they were $7.97 for a package of four. What doesn't make any sense is that they have a package of two of the same bulb by the same company for a higher price than the package of four. So, be sure to get the right one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowsbymomma View Post
Thanks for sharing, I will be having to make one once winter comes around so this is perfect!

I'll definitely have to get more lights, so far I only have 2.
You are so welcome! I meant to add that the clamp on lights also came from Home Depot. I have them all plugged into a power strip, so you can either use the on/off switch to turn them all off at once or just unplug it, which is what I do.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:48

Quote:
company for a higher price than the package of four. So, be sure to get the right one.
just the same as walmart in several sizes! weird.

i used the same concept w/ my box but i dont thnk will last long.the board u used is better!
Old 07-19-2010, 05:40

Thank you SO much for posting this!!! I was wondering what everyone was talking about when they said light box. It's amazing how much better the pics look in it.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:53

Thanks you so much for sharing this! I have been trying to get good pics forever and didnt know how all you ladies did it!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg

Tags
light box, light tent, lightbox, photo cube