key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:35

Default Re: Website Critique

Thanks for all the compliments and advice. Thanks littlecanofbeans for the quick tutorial and thanks for the advice about the frames. That's a good idea about keeping them consistent. Guess I have some website cleaning to do before I add more products to the site. You all have been great and it's good to get others perspective.
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 03-20-2008, 10:52

I love the frames too. How do you do those? I just did plain square ones the match the color of whatever the product is., but Ilike the frilly ones way better.

JoMarie
Old 03-20-2008, 11:11

Your site is beautiful. I agree with Littlecanofbeans on the frames. Do you sew all of those dresses? Wow!

I just sat and watches your slide show.....makes me so excited that I have a new grandbaby on the way! Sure hope it's a girl! But I think I can spoil either.

GREAT JOB!!!!!
Old 03-20-2008, 11:15

I am LOVING your pink toile background in it!!!!
Old 03-20-2008, 01:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntbanana View Post
Your site is beautiful. I agree with Littlecanofbeans on the frames. Do you sew all of those dresses? Wow!

I just sat and watches your slide show.....makes me so excited that I have a new grandbaby on the way! Sure hope it's a girl! But I think I can spoil either.

GREAT JOB!!!!!

It's kind of a mix at the moment. The vast majority that you see on the site I do make. The onsie that says wiggle giggle coo and the gingham three piece outfit, bloomers, babydoll dress with leggings and boys boxers are all blanks that I buy to monogram on. I started off buying blank a-line dresses also, but they are limited on the colors and sizes, so I have started making those as well. I will be making a-line dresses, pillowcase-style dresses, capris, rompers from now on. I am going to custom make these so that I have control over the sizes and fabrics so that if someone orders something I don't have to worry about it being available. I can just custom make it. Oh...the overalls I buy and then embellish with different fabrics and such.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomariecs811 View Post
I love the frames too. How do you do those? I just did plain square ones the match the color of whatever the product is., but Ilike the frilly ones way better.

JoMarie
JoMarie,
I didn't create them. I purchased them as digital downloads from eBay. They are really simple to use. My editing/photo software that I use the most is Microsoft Digital Imaging-Anniversary Edition (I have PSP XI, but haven't had the time to figure it out. MDI was cheap and easy to use for simple photo editing.) You just simply drag the frame on to your picture and size it to the picture, then save. Do a search on eBay for digital frames or overlays and you will find them. They are not expensive at all.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:19

I have purchased m2mg frames but there not coming out transparent on my phot and the person I bought from is taking forever to answer my cry for help!

JoMarie
Old 03-20-2008, 07:14

This is a little off this topic...but what program do you all use to make your banners?
Old 03-20-2008, 09:45
Administrator

I love your site. I love the background.

I had something to complain if I were a customer. I love the image on store homepage. But when I click to show products, all I can see on screen is the image and have to scroll down to view the product image. If possible, make the image as 'cover' and do not show it on every page.

What do you think?

Michelle
Old 03-20-2008, 11:05

Michelle,
I had not thought of that. I assume that you are talking about my logo at the top of the page. I will have to get the girl who designed my site to possibly change that. I just had it put on every page because that is my store logo. Thanks for the input. That is exactly what I need...customer perspectives.

Thanks again.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg