ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:25

Default Help with my Canon PowerShot SX20

I'm having trouble zooming in on stuff and focusing on it. Can someone help? It's not the macro function because I will be standing away approx. 10 feet from something and zoom in and try to focus and it won't focus in. Is it a setting that I need to adjust? I've tried a bunch of stuff and it's not focusing still. HELP please!
Old 06-16-2010, 12:16

Default Re: Help with my Canon PowerShot SX20

I had the sx10, but I sold it to my MIL almost a year ago, to upgrade to a rebel xs, so I'll try to help as best I can...

Do you have it on auto? Are you holding the button in before pressing it down (if that makes sense) so that it can focus? Do you look through the view finder, or do you look at the screen when you take your pictures? I can't remember for the life of me, b/c I've gotten used to the camera I have now, but is there focal points that light up when you're prepping your shot? If there are (I think there are), is your focal area on your subject? If it's not it could make your subject out of focus because it is being treated as a background. KWIM? Or is your problem only when you try to zoom in on something far away? If that's what it is, have you tried using a tripod, or something else that will help steady the shot, so that there isn't any camera shake?

Hope I've helped, some. LMK if there is anything else you want to know...I'll help ya the best I can.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:20

Thanks, tried all that and it doesn't wanna focus. I'll hold the button halfway to focus and no green box shows up. I mean, I understand I can't zoom in in macro and focus (read that in the book) but it seems like if I stand over a bow that's on the floor to try to take a picture from the top (as an example) and I zoom in close, it won't focus at all. I've tried all forms, auto, P, etc. I really like the camera but not being able to take closer shots is driving me NUTS!
Old 06-16-2010, 12:25

Hows your lighting?
Old 06-16-2010, 12:34

I've tried indoors, outdoors, I have backdrop lighting and nada. UGH, I'm past my deadline to return it too.