key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:45

Default Chinese Manufacturer Stealing Photos!

Last week, this thread came to my attention about a suspicious GB and stolen photos. http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/group...ate-gb-fb.html I was looking through the manufacturer www.kaiyaskirt.cn website and stopped dead in my tracks when my friend's daughter's photo popped on the screen. I told her about it immediately and she contacted the manufacturer and got her daughters picture pulled later that day. She blogged it here: http://www. momdot. com/my-daughters...and-used-in-ad

Well, I was going through all the photos then and they're ALL stolen. From websites like Kaiya Eve, Belle Ame, Etc. but also from blogs. Basically they Google Imaged "pettiskirts" and stole whatever came up. I spent two nights going through all the photos and checking them against google images. A lot the moms who I contacted got their daughter's photos removed but now they're just cropping off the heads and keeping the photos. They aren't their skirts and their skirts are probably AWFUL!

This is a cautionary tale. If you don't want your child's image or your photographs stolen, watermark them! And not in a tiny spot of the corner (like I am guilty of and so were some of the other moms whose photos were on the site... they just cut out that part) but blast it in the middle of your photo. And if you are using this manufacturer for your stores or GB's, I emplore you to stop. I would never want to support what they're doing.

I feel terrible for all the mom's whose children were posted on here and surely this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited by This Mom Erin; 06-15-2010 at 09:58.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2010, 04:49

Default Re: Chinese Manufacturer Stealing Photos!

That's just not cool!

here we take the time to do our photos and or pay someone to do them and they just swipe them. Not cool!

Hopefully people realize this and don't buy from them. Not likely though.

Shame on them.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:56

this happens ALOT always always always request samples! Granted they are pricey but you will know the quality! Ther eis so much work that goes into searching out a source! I dont think people relize that lol
Old 06-14-2010, 05:24

Where do you think most of the ideas these companies are getting come from? When you post your pictures on a free board more then the picture is stolen! When someone works hrs to come up with a new design not only is the picture taken, but the whole idea is copied. As long as things are shared on a public forum this will continue. You have not and will not see any pictures of my daughters or grandchildren for their safety. Yes I grew up in a different generation where internet was not a way of life. We learned the hard way from a simple picture in the newspaper, which the newspaper was on line. A grown man stalked my family and tried to snatch one of the girls. We were lucky and he is behind bars. You do NOT know who is looking at your pictures! The information you share because they are friends is shocking, people not only post pictures but things like John has a ballgame this weekend he plays tball for the saints. All someone has to do is read all of your post and with in an hr he knows what state and town you live in, then it is very easy to find out where the ballgame is this weekend. Please think before you post on any open forum, you could be putting your childs life in danger! I know we have lived this nightmare for more then 8 yrs!
Old 06-16-2010, 02:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowmania View Post
Where do you think most of the ideas these companies are getting come from? When you post your pictures on a free board more then the picture is stolen! When someone works hrs to come up with a new design not only is the picture taken, but the whole idea is copied. As long as things are shared on a public forum this will continue. You have not and will not see any pictures of my daughters or grandchildren for their safety. Yes I grew up in a different generation where internet was not a way of life. We learned the hard way from a simple picture in the newspaper, which the newspaper was on line. A grown man stalked my family and tried to snatch one of the girls. We were lucky and he is behind bars. You do NOT know who is looking at your pictures! The information you share because they are friends is shocking, people not only post pictures but things like John has a ballgame this weekend he plays tball for the saints. All someone has to do is read all of your post and with in an hr he knows what state and town you live in, then it is very easy to find out where the ballgame is this weekend. Please think before you post on any open forum, you could be putting your childs life in danger! I know we have lived this nightmare for more then 8 yrs!
Wow that is scary. I won't use my girls on my website for the same reason I just don't feel comfortable with that. I also don't get people putting such detailed info on their lives out in public . I see people on facebook all the time posting that they are going on vacation and i have heard of people getting robbed that way not smart.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:20

I'm always amazed with this too. One of my friends had posted. DH is away for a whole week, I'm going to be sad without him here. In my mind I'm thinking if I was a stalker I would be all over this info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNice123 View Post
Wow that is scary. I won't use my girls on my website for the same reason I just don't feel comfortable with that. I also don't get people putting such detailed info on their lives out in public . I see people on facebook all the time posting that they are going on vacation and i have heard of people getting robbed that way not smart.

Lace Rompers/Pant/Bloomers/Hats, Rosette Ribbon NEW COLORS, Rosette Mesh Trim, Shabby Chiffon Flowers, Glitter Elastic Are Now In STOCK..more items coming soon.
www.ohsweetbabyboutiquewholesale.com
Facebook Group
http://www.facebook.com/groups/432068236823110/
Old 06-16-2010, 02:28

They all do it. No matter where you buy the items from, somewhere down the line you are supporting their business. Not saying it isNT (LOL) wrong, but they do it and if you want the product there really is no way around not supporting their business.

I have turned in many suppliers myself, but I still use them to get the supplies I need, because I figure if I buy somewhere else then that person is just buying from the Chinese supplier anyway and either way I am supporting the business, so I might as well get the best deal out of it.

Krista

Last edited by khofkamp; 06-16-2010 at 02:31.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:18

Looks like they put their own watermark on the stolen pictures. LOL
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg