printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:57

Default Does my picture look ok?

I've got photoshop cs2 & Im having trouble trying to do up my backgrounds. I just cant get my clips to look right on a white background or black. I just cant 'cut' them properly so I gave up.
What do you think of this photo? is it ok quality to use for my online store? does the background look ok? or should I just keep trying to work out how to make the white background like you all have.
I do want to make the photos look as professional as I can with a point & shoot camera

(thanks, worked it all out)

Last edited by Natalie76; 05-17-2010 at 06:48.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 05-14-2010, 12:58

Default Re: Does my picture look ok?

I forgot to mention I welcome constructive criticism, anything to help me
Old 05-14-2010, 01:03

I think that picture looks just fine.

But you should keep in mind that the color background you use can make the color of your product look a little off. If you really want a white background, try taking pictures outside or by a window with natural light. You should also be able to adjust the white balance on an editing program or through your camera settings to help get the real color out of your product.

I take a lot of pictures on a white poster board or a blank sheet of paper by the window & you'd be so surprised how nice your photos can turn out with a little natural light!

HTH & keep up the good work.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:09

Thank you. I do take my pictures outside and on white paper but I hate the shadows I always get. This one was taken outside but it was a little overcast so I didnt get the horrid shadows. The colour came out perfect on the flower, just as it looks but funny that the background colour is different. I'll keep working on that white background & if that doesnt work then maybe I'll just use that minkee fabric but in white instead
Old 05-14-2010, 01:23

I can get it on a white background if you want me to. I think the blue looks fine though!
Old 05-16-2010, 01:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytutus View Post
I can get it on a white background if you want me to. I think the blue looks fine though!
Thanks but I have so many clips to do, it will end up being too much lol.
I started playing around again last night with photoshop & worked it out. My flower clips turned out ok with the white background but my clippies came out funny looking, you could really tell that they've been photoshopped. I think I'll just stay with my minkee background but in white & use that blue for my white clips.

Thanks again for your help
Old 05-16-2010, 01:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie76 View Post
Thanks but I have so many clips to do, it will end up being too much lol.
I started playing around again last night with photoshop & worked it out. My flower clips turned out ok with the white background but my clippies came out funny looking, you could really tell that they've been photoshopped. I think I'll just stay with my minkee background but in white & use that blue for my white clips.

Thanks again for your help
Have you tried Picnik? You can adjust the exposure to make your background lighter and then sharpen the contrast. Just a thought.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweethairclips View Post
Have you tried Picnik? You can adjust the exposure to make your background lighter and then sharpen the contrast. Just a thought.
I havent thought of that, thanks. I love picnik but only use it for borders so far. I'll try that thanks
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg