Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:20

Default Sending out a picture SOS!!!

Okay- I spent waaaaaay too much time today trying to take pictures of bottle cap clips. They were either VERY blurry or VERY glary (is that a word?)! I finally gave up and put some sucky pics on Facebook to promote the clips. I have a Sony Cybershot that I hate! Do I need to make a light box? If so, what kind of light do I need to shine into it???? I don't want to spend an arm and leg. Do you think a light box will help with the glare/blur???

Here is an example:
Old 03-20-2010, 09:23

Default Re: Sending out a picture SOS!!!

you need to use the MACRO mode... look for a dial or a setting that has a little flower (tulip looking) and use that setting
Old 03-20-2010, 09:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneohegirl View Post
you need to use the MACRO mode... look for a dial or a setting that has a little flower (tulip looking) and use that setting

That pic was taken WITH the macro...I'm telling you, I tried with macro/without macro/with flash/without flash/outside on our dock...they were ALL terrible pics!!! I could NOT get it right at all!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 09:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2tylerandali View Post
That pic was taken WITH the macro...I'm telling you, I tried with macro/without macro/with flash/without flash/outside on our dock...they were ALL terrible pics!!! I could NOT get it right at all!!!

I have the very same problem with my camera!
Old 03-20-2010, 09:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2tylerandali View Post
Okay- I spent waaaaaay too much time today trying to take pictures of bottle cap clips. They were either VERY blurry or VERY glary (is that a word?)! I finally gave up and put some sucky pics on Facebook to promote the clips. I have a Sony Cybershot that I hate! Do I need to make a light box? If so, what kind of light do I need to shine into it???? I don't want to spend an arm and leg. Do you think a light box will help with the glare/blur???

Here is an example:
I can help you if you need help with product pics.....I have a fast er turnaround usually next day..... Let me get a pic of the bottlecap necklace I got today to should you what I can do!

Old 03-20-2010, 10:14

try taking pix outside or next to a window using the Macro mode and stay very very still try not to breath.Clean the camera a bit and see if that works

Hi im Liz or liza
Old 03-20-2010, 10:28

Here is the picture I took last night:

Old 03-20-2010, 10:49

This might sound silly, but is your lens dirty? I use my DSLR 90% of the time, but I noticed last time I pulled out my point & shoot that the pictures came out smudged looking like that. And surprise, surprise it was because there was a smudge on the lens. I felt like it was such a "DUH" moment, but it was as simple as cleaning the lens & flash real well, then I had pretty pics again.

Taking pics outside or in a light box will definitely help them to look better, too. But just make sure your lens is crystal clear first.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:04

If you could get a small tripod to steady the shot that would probably help . Daisy that pic is amazing
Old 03-21-2010, 10:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilHiccups View Post
I can help you if you need help with product pics.....I have a fast er turnaround usually next day..... Let me get a pic of the bottlecap necklace I got today to should you what I can do!
Thanks for the offer, but I don't sell these for very much---and by the time I send them to you, and you send them back, and the cost for your service, I would actually be in the negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovertine View Post
This might sound silly, but is your lens dirty? I use my DSLR 90% of the time, but I noticed last time I pulled out my point & shoot that the pictures came out smudged looking like that. And surprise, surprise it was because there was a smudge on the lens. I felt like it was such a "DUH" moment, but it was as simple as cleaning the lens & flash real well, then I had pretty pics again.

Taking pics outside or in a light box will definitely help them to look better, too. But just make sure your lens is crystal clear first.

I'll try that, considering it's the ONLY thing I haven't tried--LOL!!!!! I did take some outside, but they still had glares.

Thanks for the tips, girls!! Think I just need a new camera!! My first mistake was to let my 3YO walk around taking pictures with it!! Who knows what she did to it!!
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies