http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2010, 10:12
tealove4's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ken-tuh-kay
Posts: 2,534
Question Camera Advice

So I am looking to upgrade to a better camera. Right now I just have a cheapie $100 Polaroid and it just doesn't do what I am want it to. I want to start taking professional grade pics of my bows and other products and of models wearing my stuff. I am a beginner, so I need a camera that does those things but is beginner friendly as well.


I need recommendations. What would you ladies recommend?
__________________
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/Ad for Hipgirls RevA.
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2010, 10:16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Georgetown, KY
Posts: 116
Default Re: Camera Advice

I second that!! I want a better camera too, definetely something I can understand though! One that gives you those clean images!!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2010, 10:37
Birdiechic's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 562
Default Re: Camera Advice

Oh man, I feel in love with the canon t1i. It takes awesome pics. <3. You can look up pictures taken with it on flickr.
__________________
Previously AnaQ Blog: NothingsBroken.com - Ana Q
Check the bad business list before any transaction. Password: HG
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2010, 10:55
tealove4's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ken-tuh-kay
Posts: 2,534
Default Re: Camera Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdiechic View Post
Oh man, I feel in love with the canon t1i. It takes awesome pics. <3. You can look up pictures taken with it on flickr.

Thanks! Is it pretty beginner friendly?? Oh and do you buy different lenses for it?

I heard good things about Nikon in general, but I am so camera illiterate. lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2010, 11:01
Birdiechic's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 562
Default Re: Camera Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealove4 View Post
Thanks! Is it pretty beginner friendly?? Oh and do you buy different lenses for it?

I heard good things about Nikon in general, but I am so camera illiterate. lol
I have always had canon. I went from the canon powershot, which is one without lenses to the t1i. I guess I am used to the settings from the powershot. I am getting use to the lenses that it came with.
I was also used to taking picture with the lcd screen, and I have to use my eyesocket thingy ( i do not know the word for it.) with the t1i.
The lenses do get pricey though. I think for a beginner I should be ok with the one that it came with.
__________________
Previously AnaQ Blog: NothingsBroken.com - Ana Q
Check the bad business list before any transaction. Password: HG
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2010, 11:12
tealove4's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ken-tuh-kay
Posts: 2,534
Default Re: Camera Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdiechic View Post
I have always had canon. I went from the canon powershot, which is one without lenses to the t1i. I guess I am used to the settings from the powershot. I am getting use to the lenses that it came with.
I was also used to taking picture with the lcd screen, and I have to use my eyesocket thingy ( i do not know the word for it.) with the t1i.
The lenses do get pricey though. I think for a beginner I should be ok with the one that it came with.

Thank you for all the helpful info! I looked that one up and the price is pretty reasonable. Seems like a good camera and I love that it has a nice big screen.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2010, 11:42
jennaro11's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 98
Default Re: Camera Advice

IMO no matter what camera you buy there will be a learning curve. It's annoying but you have to just dig in and practice.

I have Nikon but i have heard and seen alot of people get the Canon Rebel as a starter camera (as far as SLR). I think any camera can be over whelming at first!
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2010, 11:52
tealove4's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ken-tuh-kay
Posts: 2,534
Default Re: Camera Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaro11 View Post
IMO no matter what camera you buy there will be a learning curve. It's annoying but you have to just dig in and practice.

I have Nikon but i have heard and seen alot of people get the Canon Rebel as a starter camera (as far as SLR). I think any camera can be over whelming at first!
What's SLR mean??
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2010, 12:45
DelaMay09's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 541
Default Re: Camera Advice

SLR definition
SLR (es′el′är)
noun
a camera having a viewing system that allows the photographer to see the subject through the same lens that brings the image to the film
Etymology: s(ingle) l(ens) r(eflex)
__________________
Dawn(31) mom to Danny(8), ^i^ GraceLynn, Andy(5) & Delainey May Marie(6/19/09)
Product photography avaible PM me your email for info!!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2010, 12:48
tealove4's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ken-tuh-kay
Posts: 2,534
Default Re: Camera Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaMay09 View Post
SLR definition
SLR (es′el′är)
noun
a camera having a viewing system that allows the photographer to see the subject through the same lens that brings the image to the film
Etymology: s(ingle) l(ens) r(eflex)

Haha, I read it, but it still doesn't really register. I guess I will have to buy one and get familiar with this camera terminology. Thanks!
__________________
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/candyshopbeadsus-150.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/deescraftsupplies-150.png
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/magnet-1-2.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger