New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:00

Default Re: Photography Learning Thread (CALLING ANY ONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN)

i was just curious if u could also explain how to set the parameters on a canon rebel xti. Since i got my camera i can't figure out what settings it should be on. I am getting semi-ok pics but not what i want. just curious, thanks!
Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2010, 11:29

On my XSi.....inside my iso is between 800 and 1600 and outside it varies depending on the situation. My fstop is usually 13 depending on how much I want in focus. I also use the exposure recommended in the screen...but I also play with it wtill I get it just right.

I'm a beginner too!

Old 01-24-2010, 01:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by karina721 View Post
You da bomb! I was just goggling stuff on the internet at work to learn. I would like to know how to edit out the background and just pull out my item but to have soft edges, not where you can see it looked like I cut and pasted it and all harsh. I wouldn't mind learning also how to make a picture black and white and then have my item in color. I can go on and on. I was thinking about taking a class here in town for this but I can't fit it into my schedule. You rock!
The color with black and white thing is called color splash. You can do it on Picnik, and photobucket(I think). If you have photoshop there is a super easy tut about how to do it. It's soooo easy!
Old 01-24-2010, 11:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilHiccups View Post
On my XSi.....inside my iso is between 800 and 1600 and outside it varies depending on the situation. My fstop is usually 13 depending on how much I want in focus. I also use the exposure recommended in the screen...but I also play with it wtill I get it just right.

I'm a beginner too!

Thank u! I don't know about ur camera but on mine u can go to menu and find a thing called parameters. They have parameter 1,2,set 1,set2, and black and white. I think it sets the color tones and saturations. Is that just a personal preference or is that something that someone can tell u what to set it on. I really hope i am making sense. I bought my camera second hand and thought it would be "smart" to clear all the settings and start fresh. BIG MISTAKE!!lol Now i am trying to get the camera to do what i know it can do.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandja79 View Post
I'd also love to learn to edit out the backgrounds and even fix colours a little. For some reason my purples never look right.

Yay for this thread! Looking forward to learning new stuff and trying out the light tent hubby got me for my bday!
Your color may be just fine, it might be your moniter, they have to be calibrated to get a true color on screen. However your white balance on you camera may just be set wrong. Make sure you set it to the light you are using. In a DSLR you can also do a custom white balance or set the color temp to what ever you want.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:52

I am interested also. i am curious props or no props. Do you ladies think items sell best if modeled by a baby or child. I am always concerned about pedipholies and kids pics, is there a way to make it so someone can't right click and save your pics.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:57

I'm definately interested as well.

Lighting is a huge issue of mine too. Not much natural light in our home (we face east and west so everything has a weird hue during the day and on cloudy days everything has a grey tinge to it). I'd also like to learn how to take good indoor photos in my home (winters in Canada suck with 2 little ones at home). lol
Old 01-24-2010, 06:55

I'm interested. I just got this fancy camera and have no clue how to use it...I depend on editing way too much!

Gammies Girls Bowtique
Old 01-24-2010, 06:56

I'm interested also. I just suck at taking pics in general so have a lot to learn.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:15

I'm definitely in! Like one of the PP's said, I don't do well reading from a manual. Seeing actual pictures being taken as examples & hearing things in "real" language will be amazing!