New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:22

Default Advice Needed.....

I need advice regarding a situation that my sister and I are facing at the moment. I am offering her photography services under my business doing tutu photoshoots and maternity pics. We offered a free photo session with 5 high resolution custom images at no charge for modeling for us. The deal was if you decided to purchase more digital images, you could at a 25% discount off regular prices.

These are all things that was stated up front, but now there are 2 clients that are upset because "that's not really a deal" and they want more for free

Emailing back and forth a few times, one of the clients seems to be getting more rude by stating things such as "I didn't ask for your time, you asked for mine" (I believe in response to me trying to explain that the reason I couldn't give out more for free because photography is my sisters only profession and that we put a lot of time, quality, and effort into our work)

I really believe she was shocked at the cost of the packages because over here everybody is a photographer and their prices are ridiculously cheap, but the quality of thier work doesn't compare at all. I know she likes them because she has been very insistent on getting the 10 extra pictures even though she doesn't want to pay for them.

I need advice because I know sometimes we tend to be too nice and at this point, she has really made the situation somewhat stressful. We are at the point where we don't want to use her photos at all just not to deal with the situation any longer. What would you do?

Old 12-13-2009, 07:31

Default Re: Advice Needed.....

moving forward, make people sign a contract.

with this one, its a lose lose. if you stand firm and not give in, you'll have bad word of mouth. if you give in, and give more freebies, you lose out on your cost/time and you might get a reputation for "nag them a bit and they will give in". tough call, only you can answer that one....
Old 12-13-2009, 07:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnponders View Post
I agree completely with this advice. You say she was shocked at the price of packages. Did she not have that information prior?
Yeah...I know about the "bad word of mouth" which really sucks because she was told everything up front. She did not have the price sheet prior because she was only asked to model. There was no obligation to buy anything.

I feel like 5 digital images with the copy release is giving up a whole lot. I would love to get some awesome free pictures.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:24

Obviously, she is trying to take you. Should've, could've, would've had a contract or no-I bet she would STILL be grumbling about something. Even though it wasn't in writing, she new the deal up front (whether or not the she knew of the cost to purchase more pictures) and she agreed to that.
I know it is hard, and you have to go with your gut, but I would REALLY have a hard time giving her more. Sorry you're going through this.

<>< Christy
my shop
Old 12-13-2009, 09:54

i say give her the five images and cut ties with her, no matter what you do she will have something bad to say about you because she didn't get more free! sorry this is happening live and learn i guess!

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 12-13-2009, 10:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tu-Tu* Cute Hair Bows View Post
i say give her the five images and cut ties with her, no matter what you do she will have something bad to say about you because she didn't get more free! sorry this is happening live and learn i guess!
I agree! That is just ridiculous that she is doing that to you. FREE pictures doesn't come by very often especially GREAT FREE pictures! If I were her I'd shut up and take the freebies. That is just me though. I'm sorry you are having to go through this. I hope you can get it resolved but it sounds like she's a complainer no matter what the situation.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:16

I say give her the 5 free images and don't give her the satisfaction of using her images. You can also add, "Don't let the door hit in the a** on the way out!" Blow it off as a lesson learned and move onto bigger and better. Even if she does say something bad about you, she's not Oprah and her words most likely aren't going to spread too far. LOL!

When I first started making jewelry, I had one lady order a bracelet from me, complained that it wasn't worth the price I charged and then she turned around and ordered another one. I told her she could suck it. No, I didn't say that! I told her thanks, but no thanks. I'm sure she's said lots of bad stuff about me, but who cares. My customers are loyal, faithful customers, so I'm not too worried. So, don't let anyone bully you into anything. Some people just like being difficult horse's behinds. Stick to your prices, your arrangements, or whatever it is that you've decided. This is your business, not a hobby. Okay, I digress. I just don't like when people try to get one over on someone. Grrrrr!
Old 12-14-2009, 12:31

Can you go ahead and cancel using her pictures and take back the free pictures? I hate when people try to take advantage of stuff. I would tell her straight out, 5 pictures free or not.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:08

id tell her to take the five files that she has and keep them for the "misunderstanding" and that her services are no longer needed and that her photos won't be used

this burns me up cause I just got done going to court with someone because they claimed that they were suppose to get a photo album and photos for me shooting their wedding and they know damn well the deal was for a cd only! my contract backed that up but of course she still wants her money back because it "took me to long to edit the photos" .... REALLY ... REALLY NOW???? then she lied and said I didn't edit the photos either .... I'm still mad as hell ....

people will try to screw you over if you let them. some people just want something for nothing.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:10

and as someone stated in the future make sure you have a contract!!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg