Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:59
Pokeysmom

Default Re: Advice Needed.....

I can see both sides

you two have an agreement and she should go by that. You are mad that she wants more for free. She is mad about your pricing. I think that even with giving the 5 free pictures you should have given her the price list ahead of time. She should have been given any and all info in the beginning to make sure this is something she wanted to enter into.

Look at the way she feels she feels you held out the pricelist to get them to agree to the photoshoot.

Then you feel she is just trying to get something for free.

Next time have a contract and give them all info about pricing and options ahead of time where they can see if this is something that they want to do. They should have all info ahead of time and not be blindsided by pricing afterwards. All info should be provided in order to make everyone happy
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 12-14-2009, 01:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugsandwiggleworms View Post
I can see both sides

you two have an agreement and she should go by that. You are mad that she wants more for free. She is mad about your pricing. I think that even with giving the 5 free pictures you should have given her the price list ahead of time. She should have been given any and all info in the beginning to make sure this is something she wanted to enter into.

Look at the way she feels she feels you held out the pricelist to get them to agree to the photoshoot.

Next time have a contract and give them all info about pricing and options ahead of time where they can see if this is something that they want to do. They should have all info ahead of time and not be blindsided by pricing afterwards. All info should be provided in order to make everyone happy
No, Ma'am.....I did not hold out on the pricelist. It was for her to model only, not to purchase anything. She wasn't even told about the option to purchase additional pictures when we she agreed to the photoshoot. She knew she was only modeling. In the beginning, she was just happy with that. I really believe that she didn't realize the pictures would be something that she would really want. She even said that she just wanted to get out of the house for the day and that she loved taking pictures. She was told in at least 3 emails prior to the photoshoot that she would only get 5 images on a CD. I told her if she wanted to order some additional pictures then she could.

I'm sorry, if a very good photographer asked you to model for them and you agreed because you knew you would get 5 great free images of your choice, you have absolutely no right to be upset because you can't afford more pictures at the regular price (even with a discount).

I don't feel she was blind-sided at all.

BTW, she has not gotten the images yet and will not until she signs a modeling release for them.

Last edited by GingerandHoney; 12-14-2009 at 01:37.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:49

wow! what a crummy situation! I think everyone thinks that photography is a skill that everyone with a camera has... not the case!

I have paid $200 plus for photos of my little one and then the photographer has asked to use her photos for their blogs/websites. I take it as a compliment, not an entitlement for free pics! I think 5 free photos is generous... not many photographers will give up digital rights.

Because I am stubborn, I would cut my loses and not use her photos and not give her the free ones.... Unless, there is an agreement!

good luck and know you have support.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princesses View Post
I agree! That is just ridiculous that she is doing that to you. FREE pictures doesn't come by very often especially GREAT FREE pictures! If I were her I'd shut up and take the freebies. That is just me though. I'm sorry you are having to go through this. I hope you can get it resolved but it sounds like she's a complainer no matter what the situation.
Well said!
Seriously!!! She is getting 5 FREE digital photos, really??!! How could anyone even think to ask for more than that? Some people!!!

You probably already know the answer you want to give her!
IF you really feel you MUST give more, I wouldn't!, give her 1 more very small low res picture with copy rights kept. Tell
her she is more than welcome to email you if she wants anymore, but give her a time limit to do so, what 4 months?
something like that.

I wouldn't do what you are though! Maybe 1 FREE photo, no more, you have a business, to make money, not give it away!
Sorry you are going thru this, there seems to always be just that one customer you wish would have never contacted you!
Old 12-14-2009, 03:34

I think that even if you didn't give the pricelist before hand, since she went into it knowing that she was just there to model and would receive 5 free images, that she doesn't have a right to complain if she wants to buy more-regardless of the price. You're already giving a discount and nobody said she had to buy them. Plus, it sounds like she wasn't coming into this for a photo shoot-she was coming into it knowing it's free and she'll get a few pictures out of it, so I'd stick with what the contract says with the 5 free images...maybe let her pick which 5 she wants if she wasn't going to do that already?...and then tell her the rest is not part of the deal.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:04

I'm sorry if this was already stated bc i didn't read all the replies but

I worked at a studio for a high end photographer and truthfully she barely ever gave her images as a digital file. You shouldn't feel bad for not giving her more. A photographer makes their money off of images and she got a great deal getting the images as digital files! You just need to point out what the deal was and that be the end of it. I had a really hard time working their b/c i was not assertive when dealing with customers and the money side. I always sounded unsure which made the customer think they had a choice in the matter (i've learned how not to do that now).

Anyways, i would just stated it and be firm (but polite) and that be it. If she doesn't like it apologize and move on!

I hope this helps and good luck!
Old 12-14-2009, 05:34

just one more thing i would like to say! i spent a little over $400 on my sons one year pictures, and that was a package! my son has modeled before and gotten a free outfit or something similar, i would of loved 5 free digital images that is awesome, where we get pictures taken they are $35 a sheet imagine the savings! send her an email saying this is the last email concerning this matter either you sign my agreement or we walk you were aware of the deal beforehand, i can find more models! anyways hope this gets worked out be sure to let us know!

veronica

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 12-14-2009, 07:42

5 free digitial images is a GREAT deal!! GOOD photography is expensive, and there is a lot of work that goes into editing.

I probably would scrap the entire shoot, and not use any of the photos.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugsandwiggleworms View Post
I can see both sides

See, I totally disagree with this. I have a similar arrangement with a friend. High resolution pictures are $$$ and to get the rights, that is worth a ton of $$$ as well! She was asked to model, IMO, the 25% off is just an extra perk.

To original poster. I would give her the 5 photos and along with those a letter stating that you will not be using her photos and that you are basically cutting all ties. People try to get over on others and I am sure she is a complainer.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:09

My brother is a professional photographer... If a professional was giving digital photos, that she could take and do whatever with, That is more than fair! I wouldnt give her any more.. If she isnt happy, I'd keep the photos, not use her childs', and tell her to hit the road.. You could find other people to model that would be more than delighted to get what your offering...

Boutique Hairbows, Accessories,and Clothing!
Click on my banner above!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg