New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:23

Default Need opinions on camera please!!!

I was wondering what all of u think about manufacturers(sp?) refurbished cameras? I found a good deal on ebay but it is refurbished and i just don't know if it is a good idea to spend that much money on one! ANy advice please!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 12-07-2009, 04:20

Default Re: Need opinions on camera please!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycow2 View Post
I was wondering what all of u think about manufacturers(sp?) refurbished cameras? I found a good deal on ebay but it is refurbished and i just don't know if it is a good idea to spend that much money on one! ANy advice please!
Quite a few people actually prefer refurbished camera! The one thing you want to know is if it was refurbished by the manufacturer or someone else and also how long the warranty is on it. If you go to adorama.com you can view refurbished there and I have heard great things about them. I believe they carry a 1 year warranty.

Now as to why some people prefer the refurb over the new is because the refurbished had to go through all of the testing and pass all of the spec tests where the new are just sent out off the line without that testing so you actually could be receiving a better "used" camera than new! I hope that makes sense. If you have any questions let me know. What camera are you looking at?
Old 12-07-2009, 04:26

Wow, thank u for the info...the camera i was looking at had a 90 day warranty for parts. Is that ok? I am looking at canon rebel xsi....I am going to go look at that website u put. Thank u again for the help!
Old 12-07-2009, 04:40

Quote:
Wow, thank u for the info...the camera i was looking at had a 90 day warranty for parts. Is that ok? I am looking at canon rebel xsi....I am going to go look at that website u put. Thank u again for the help!
I'm thinking adorama has a longer warranty then that, but I'm not positive on parts so I would check it out for sure. I know their prices are usually outstanding as well! Can't go wrong with the XSi! It's a terrific camera! You will be very pleased with it! It's actually pretty comparable to the Canon 50D I'm looking at as far as IQ goes!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:38

I have another question for u if u don't mind answering it.....I was looking at adorama.com and they offer sever different packages for the canon rebel. One has the EF-S-18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 image stabilizer lens and the other one offers just the 18-55 mm lens. Which one do i want or need. I am only getting this kind of camera to take better pics and to get the blurry backgrounds. I have the cannon powershot a590IS right now. I like it but don't LOVE it. Anyway, i am by no means camera savy so i need help. Thank u....
Old 12-07-2009, 09:35

Quote:
I have another question for u if u don't mind answering it.....I was looking at adorama.com and they offer sever different packages for the canon rebel. One has the EF-S-18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 image stabilizer lens and the other one offers just the 18-55 mm lens. Which one do i want or need. I am only getting this kind of camera to take better pics and to get the blurry backgrounds. I have the cannon powershot a590IS right now. I like it but don't LOVE it. Anyway, i am by no means camera savy so i need help. Thank u....
No problem! I'm no camera whiz but I've tried to do tons of research on these. You want the one with image stabilization since it's not built into the camera. My sony alpha has the image stabilization built into the body so I don't need it in the lens, but I'm going to need it for the canon I'm purchasing. The IS is going to help keep the photos free from the blur that is created by moving objects. So if you taking one of children and they are moving their arms or whatever the case may be it will give you a more still shot than the one with out IS. So basically cuts out any movement blur. I hope that all makes sense. LOL! I think I started rambling on.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:16

Thank u for the advice. It does make sense. The one i am/was looking at didn't say IS in the title but when u go down a little it says ISO and say yes...so i basically still don't know. I emailed him to see. I do appreciate any help. Some of the stuff is foreign to me. lol
Old 12-07-2009, 10:43

The hardest thing about going up to dslr camera is that blur happens more often. Especially with camera shake. The more movement the harder to capture the pics, but it is possible. I love my canon rebel! jighly recommend
Old 12-07-2009, 11:40

That is good to know because I do take ALOT of pics of my dd which can't sit still for anything! Thanks!
Old 12-08-2009, 12:23

I have a Canon 50D slr camera and really love it, if you shoot in automatic you should eliminate a lot not all of the blurry images--one thing you should know is that photos don't stop w/ just taking the photo and loading them to your computer--you have to do some editing w/ a program like photoshop etc. I use Photoshop as well as Lightroom all by Adobe and can't live w/out them.

ETSY
www.bunnylanedesigns.etsy.com
Sponsored Links