http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:47

Default I'm venturing into photography!!! so excited to share my first lil session!

I just bought my very first dslr camera, and it came last tuesday. I LOVE IT! Anyhow, I work with a lot of photographers with my products, and have comtemplated for sveral months about getting into to it to model my own products and for my kiddos. Anyhow, I am eager to learn my camera and practice, practice, practice. I had my first lil session with a sweet baby girl who was 4m old. Any feedback would be great
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0089.jpg (98.5 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0080.jpg (53.6 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0144.jpg (28.8 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0107.jpg (57.0 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0087.jpg (81.0 KB, 123 views)
Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2009, 12:08

Default Re: I'm venturing into photography!!! so excited to share my first lil session!

yea we ironed all the facric after that pic LOL None of those pics are edited. They are straight out of the camera. I got a canon rebel xsi with a 50mm 1.8 lens.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:11

Default Re: I'm venturing into photography!!! so excited to share my first lil session!

Those are great. I am for sure getting that camera for myself.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:56

I think they look good aside from the wrinkles, I would definately zoom in more on the baby in the basket, get more baby than floor. Great job!!
Old 11-29-2009, 01:37

Ok I am getting a nikon 5000 or something my husband has been researching like crazy, I am a photographer at heart, and I want to take great pics of my bows too. With that being said my BFF is a professional photographer as well. So she always asks me to look at her stuff, I am going to do that here. Your work for just having your camera for a week is great. I would suggest getting an editing program. Also make sure there are no distractions. It is number one that all focus go to the center of the object your trying to focus on, in two the fabric is needing to be ironed, nwo I am sure you know this. My friend also bought fake wood flooring. She is an on site photographer so she brings it. Also poster board on rolls she uses too, that way it is already to go and you won't have to worry about ironing. You would just unroll it. If you can try to get a light reflecter for the floors, in one picture there is a light spot on the floor. Your natural talent so far is amazing. I think you could really take this far. The things I point out are just details. But these details are what will save you if you one day go full blown with this, it is these things moms notice in their newborns pictures. I say play play play, the more you play the better you get. Also getting a portfolio together would be great too. Offer free sessions to build up a book. Try to do the next best thing, take your poses one step farther, that really gets people too, "oh I never thought of that" kind of thinking. SO I hope something in all of that helped. Again, great job, and great model.

PS I went straight from reading your post to writing you with out seeing what everyone wrote. Sorry about mentioning what others already said. Also my friend got a bean bag with works great with babies.

~Joni~
F - Our Little Secret 509

Last edited by pattock6; 11-29-2009 at 01:41. Reason: spelling
Old 11-29-2009, 02:04

I love that fabric in the first pic, so pretty. Great Start for sure. Very good job and nice camera. I am hoping to get the new Nikon dslr but I have received alot of my presents early so I may have to wait on that. I have a good one for now anyway.

Was your camera easy to get familiar with fairly quickly?
I have been doing researching. I don't want to get an expensive one when a less expensive one will suffice.

I do like how yours came out. Maybe I will read up more on the canons.

Where did you get that fabric?
Old 12-04-2009, 12:30

I love the pics. The model is so adorable.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:35

Those look awesome! Especially for raw pics! A little photoshopping will make them fabulous!

Great job!
Old 12-04-2009, 12:54

Great pics Monique! Too funny... I saw first pic and thought "girl, iron that fabric" lolol I guess you know that. I think you are doing wonderful and cannot wait to see your work as you grow
Old 12-04-2009, 01:48

Looks like you had some good lighting! That's my main problem! I dont have good, natural lighting here which is a bummer. Aren't they great though? It's sometimes hard not to take a good pic However I shouldn't talk too much because I've had my camera for 3-4 years now and still haven't taken the time to get to know it. I have all kinds of accessories and lenses for it but just haven't taken the time yet.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif