New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:30

Default Re: SWEET DEAL on a photo tent!!!!

Shelley, did you use lights?
Old 12-08-2009, 10:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by murolyushka View Post
Shelley, did you use lights?
The first pic is with the kit lights in a very dimly lit room. The second one is photoshopped.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:11

I honestly don't see much of a difference in my pre-photoshopped pics from my home-made light box and this one that I ordered. The best part about the one I ordered is that it all folds up together and stores in a neat compact space. I have no dedicated craft / photo area, so I have to find a place for everything when I am not using it. I spent more time fussing with my home-made light nox because a corner would get smashed, the tissue would tear, whatever, when it was not being used. But this little thing works great for me. In my opinion, it was worth every penny.

A little off topic, for those that bought it. Am I doing something wrong. The weight of the pockets that hold the lights seems to pull the tent over. I just propped it up with something, so it's not a big deal, but I'm just wondering if I am doing something wrong.

Oh, I also changed to a white background. I am not photo saavy enough to change my background color with my limited editing program skills and I did not like the blue or grey. I know they are that color for editing reasons, but a white background works best for me and the pictures seem just fine.

Thanks fpr sharing this offer!
Old 12-09-2009, 12:32

I'm not a good photographer. Any tips? Here is my pic from using my new photo tent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF8269.jpg (72.0 KB, 26 views)
Old 12-09-2009, 02:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfurn View Post
I honestly don't see much of a difference in my pre-photoshopped pics from my home-made light box and this one that I ordered. The best part about the one I ordered is that it all folds up together and stores in a neat compact space. I have no dedicated craft / photo area, so I have to find a place for everything when I am not using it. I spent more time fussing with my home-made light nox because a corner would get smashed, the tissue would tear, whatever, when it was not being used. But this little thing works great for me. In my opinion, it was worth every penny.

A little off topic, for those that bought it. Am I doing something wrong. The weight of the pockets that hold the lights seems to pull the tent over. I just propped it up with something, so it's not a big deal, but I'm just wondering if I am doing something wrong.

Oh, I also changed to a white background. I am not photo saavy enough to change my background color with my limited editing program skills and I did not like the blue or grey. I know they are that color for editing reasons, but a white background works best for me and the pictures seem just fine.

Thanks fpr sharing this offer!
I did this on top of my washing machine, so I was able to support the pockets with the dial panel. You have it set up the same way I do.

I always use a white background (unless I need to use black for very pale or white bows.). Did you see that an 8.5 x11 paper fits in there perfectly? It wedges in there! Photoshopping on white is very easy. You can adjust your color by clicking on the pure white background with the white color dropper in the levels adjustment screen & it brightens it right up (if you ever decide to invest in photoshop). I've not tried photoshop.com, but Shelby says its free. Might be worth looking into? Picnik.com is another free photo editing site that might be a bit more user friendly for the novice photo editor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookshomemadegoods View Post
I'm not a good photographer. Any tips? Here is my pic from using my new photo tent.
Do you have your camera on the macro setting? It is really good for getting things in focus up close & captures the great grosgrain texture. Macro setting looks like a little tulip.

Hmmmmm other tips. Never use flash (I said that earlier). Tripods are great for clear, crisp photos. Even great photos need cropping, color balance & sharpening in photoshop. Its a decent photo. I would shoot it straight down though. Flip the tent over so the bottom is open. Make sense? Putting it in that corner sets the bow at a funky angle. I can't tell if it has a yellow-ish hue to it, or not. Shooting on a white background really helps you to tell if the color balance is off. The paper would be yellow too, KWIM?

Old 12-09-2009, 10:51

Ok, I can not find the great 10.00 deal for the photo tent! I know
duh!
I went to the link and looked around, but can't find it! Anyone want to help me out?!!! I would so much appreciate it! I have been wanting to make one, but have not had the time. Then to ask hubby to do it for me, really??? Is it worth the effort to tell him, ummm your'e doing it wrong! hehe
Old 12-09-2009, 11:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by briellasnana View Post
Ok, I can not find the great 10.00 deal for the photo tent! I know
duh!
I went to the link and looked around, but can't find it! Anyone want to help me out?!!! I would so much appreciate it! I have been wanting to make one, but have not had the time. Then to ask hubby to do it for me, really??? Is it worth the effort to tell him, ummm your'e doing it wrong! hehe
I'm so sorry! It was only available for 24 hours. They sell something new every day.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:27

I want mine.. grrr.. hurry up... hurry up....

~Joni~
F - Our Little Secret 509

Old 12-09-2009, 11:28

I gotta get Photoshop!! I try to convince myself mine are okay with my homemade light box or my new tent (thanks Shelley!) but then I see yours and it's so obvious!! I'll have to tell Santa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredsmiles View Post
No worries. This was just a thread about the "sweet deal" I found. I'm not selling these, just thought I'd pass along a good deal in case anyone wants to get one. The best deal I found on ebay for one of these was for $35. This one was $15 with shipping. For me, it was worth it for the lights alone.

You popped in and discussed making your own tent. At first I kind of felt like you were knocking my purchase & the fact that I passed it along, but you're entitled to your opinion. I'm all for doing things on the cheap. Heck, I tried to make my own at first too. However, I didn't have the right lighting and I was disappointed.

I asked you to post your before photos, because you posted your edited photos and I wanted everyone to have realistic expectations. Good photos are almost always photoshopped. Its not that my tent sucks and yours is great.

I was able to play around a bit. I flipped my tent over so the top was open & a piece of 8.5 x 11 copy paper fits in it perfectly & hides the lower back corner nicely.

Before editing:Attachment 20932

After editing: Attachment 20933

www.sassyfrog.etsy.com
Old 12-09-2009, 11:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredsmiles View Post
I'm so sorry! It was only available for 24 hours. They sell something new every day.
Well, that figures!
Thanks for letting me know though! I started thinking I was loosing it,
when I couldn't find it!
Sponsored Links