New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 12-05-2009, 07:02

Default Re: SWEET DEAL on a photo tent!!!!

got mine today! i'm wanting white backgrounds for my pictures anyone know what kind of white fabric i should buy? i was gonna velcrow it to the blue background.
Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2009, 07:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghbutterflies View Post
I set it up and took some and not too pleased with it. I haven't photoshoped or anything. This is just a straight picture.
Yes I used flash. I had to tilt it up some because the washers are glazed. And I put the small lights on either side.

Here are some more I took. The first one is using a Flower close up setting with no flash, the next one is a close up with flash and the last one is not in the box at all but using outdoor lights I have in my lamps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20091205_9.jpg (48.6 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg necklace black swirls.jpg (113.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg necklace brown tree.jpg (68.8 KB, 43 views)

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/jujuscraftsupplies
Old 12-05-2009, 07:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghbutterflies View Post
Yes I used flash. I had to tilt it up some because the washers are glazed. And I put the small lights on either side.

Here are some more I took. The first one is using a Flower close up setting with no flash, the next one is a close up with flash and the last one is not in the box at all but using outdoor lights I have in my lamps.
Hmmm. In photography class they always told us not to use flash ever. But obviously the lighting is not adequate. Can you adjust the exposure on your camera? It will brighten it up without flash & losing detail on your subject. Can you adjust the angles of the lights? Honestly, the lights were what I was more excited about then the tent. What if you just used the lights without the tent?

Old 12-07-2009, 06:51

I got mine the other day.
Here's a picture i took this morning before my first korker was done haha.
is it bad? I heat sealed after it was done. lesssson learned.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 012.jpg (57.3 KB, 54 views)
Old 12-08-2009, 08:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessfaacee View Post
I got mine the other day.
Here's a picture i took this morning before my first korker was done haha.
is it bad? I heat sealed after it was done. lesssson learned.
I think its a good pic. It looks like we'll still need to photoshop to color balance (which according to my photography teacher always needs to happen with every picture) if you want nice, bright, crisp color.

Cute korker, BTW!

Old 12-08-2009, 09:41

I'm telling you, a homemade lightbox out of foam core board, inexpensive clip on lanterns ($2.99 I think), a few daylight light bulbs from Home Depot and a regular camera with no fancy settings is how I do it, and I think my pics are pretty good. I NEVER use a flash, whether it's bows, jewelry, or whatever. I do a little editing with http://www.photoshop.com, which is free. I attached one of my jewelry pics and one of my headband/clippie pics for you to see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Grandma Bracelet2.jpg (40.0 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg Christmas tree headband.jpg (36.6 KB, 41 views)
Old 12-08-2009, 09:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby2000 View Post
I'm telling you, a homemade lightbox out of foam core board, inexpensive clip on lanterns ($2.99 I think), a few daylight light bulbs from Home Depot and a regular camera with no fancy settings is how I do it, and I think my pics are pretty good. I NEVER use a flash, whether it's bows, jewelry, or whatever. I do a little editing with http://www.photoshop.com, which is free. I attached one of my jewelry pics and one of my headband/clippie pics for you to see.
Thank you for your opinion, but I bought this already & am so glad you found what works for you. I want to see your pics before you edit so we're comparing apples to apples. What you're seeing here is pre-edited photos.

I made one of these boxes before with tissue paper & a box & it was a PITA to store & the pics came out about the same quality (pre-editing).

I'm going to play with mine later. I will post before & after pics.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:56

I didn't use any extra lighting though. I thought with another light, it would look better, but i thought id share it or whatever. and thanks!
Old 12-08-2009, 10:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredsmiles View Post
Thank you for your opinion, but I bought this already & am so glad you found what works for you. I want to see your pics before you edit so we're comparing apples to apples. What you're seeing here is pre-edited photos.

I made one of these boxes before with tissue paper & a box & it was a PITA to store & the pics came out about the same quality (pre-editing).

I'm going to play with mine later. I will post before & after pics.
I'm not sure if this was meant to sound a little punchy, but I have no problems sharing my before pics, since I've posted my befores several times in other threads. I was just sharing what I have done without spending a lot of money. I wasn't responding to anyone's post specifically, so don't get too upset. So, here are my befores.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Grandma bracelet before editing.jpg (25.4 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg headband and clippie before editing.jpg (22.1 KB, 42 views)
Old 12-08-2009, 10:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby2000 View Post
I'm not sure if this was meant to sound a little punchy, but I have no problems sharing my before pics, since I've posted my befores several times in other threads. I was just sharing what I have done without spending a lot of money. I wasn't responding to anyone's post specifically, so don't get too upset. So, here are my befores.
No worries. This was just a thread about the "sweet deal" I found. I'm not selling these, just thought I'd pass along a good deal in case anyone wants to get one. The best deal I found on ebay for one of these was for $35. This one was $15 with shipping. For me, it was worth it for the lights alone.

You popped in and discussed making your own tent. At first I kind of felt like you were knocking my purchase & the fact that I passed it along, but you're entitled to your opinion. I'm all for doing things on the cheap. Heck, I tried to make my own at first too. However, I didn't have the right lighting and I was disappointed.

I asked you to post your before photos, because you posted your edited photos and I wanted everyone to have realistic expectations. Good photos are almost always photoshopped. Its not that my tent sucks and yours is great.

I was able to play around a bit. I flipped my tent over so the top was open & a piece of 8.5 x 11 copy paper fits in it perfectly & hides the lower back corner nicely.

Before editing:IMG_3169.jpg

After editing: Guitar.jpg

Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg