http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:23

Default I vs. Our

If you have a bow site do you put "I" or "our" for all your descriptions... Ex. "Our bows are are made with high quality ribbon" or "I make all my bows with high quality ribbon." I was wondering because I put "I" on mine, but was wondering if I should change it to "our" so it looks more professional. What do you think? Thanks!

Also want to say sorry if I posted this is the wrong spot... still finding my way around on here.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2009, 11:29

Default Re: I vs. Our

i would say our
Old 11-27-2009, 11:29

I started out using our on mine, but I decided to change it all to be I. My website is primarily used by my local customers who have usually seen me at a craft fair, and I like it being personal. They know it's just me, so why say our right? I don't think it's unprofessional to use "I". I think people support me more knowing I'm a stay at home mom with a business and not a company with employees manufacturing hair bows lol. On the other hand, using "our" I think makes it seem more like a real business maybe? I guess it depends on how you want to come across and who you think your customers will be.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:17

I do our but it is just little old me,lol! I would love an our...but I don't trust anyone to make things how I would want to sell them. My mom actually does a few things...bow holders, flip flops, button ponys
Old 11-27-2009, 02:14

I've wondered the same thing, but I'm leaning more toward "I" because I think it makes it more personal. People buy from me because they know my items are handmade by me, and they know I don't have a shop of worker elves. LOL!
Old 11-27-2009, 02:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby2000 View Post
I've wondered the same thing, but I'm leaning more toward "I" because I think it makes it more personal. People buy from me because they know my items are handmade by me, and they know I don't have a shop of worker elves. LOL!
I say "I" because everything is handmade by me only. I don't delegate to anyone, I don't buy anything pre-made from anyone. I ensure my level of quality every step of the way.

Old 11-27-2009, 02:44

Thanks! I'm going to stick with "I" because it is just me making all my stuff and no one else!
Old 11-27-2009, 03:49

You brought up a great question. I remember asking myself this question when I started out too.

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Old 11-27-2009, 04:11

Thanks! So far I love it and it seems like a great group of ladies!!
Old 11-27-2009, 06:32

I think I've done both, but I also just use my name sometimes too rather than an I or Our. I think I lean toward I mostly like you all said-I hand make everything without any help. I am looking to branch out and instead of finding wholesale, I have a customer who always drops hints that she'd like to help and she happens to live near me, so I'm going to maybe see if she can do a few things so that it saves me some time, but I have a big control issue of wanting to make the things myself too.
Sponsored Links

Tags
professional, website