printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:33

Default Convince me to pay for Picnik

Does any have a premium picnik account? I have the free GIMP but it is just so difficult (and time consuming) to navigate.
I've been using Picnik (the free version) forever, but seeing as they are adding more and more to the premiums, just wondering if anyone has subscribed and if it's worth it. TIA

<>< Christy
my shop
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:54

Default Re: Convince me to pay for Picnik

Yes! It is worth it! I edit most photos through picnik because they make it so easy. I especially love the touch up features. Little things like adding a tan, bright eyes, mascara, and highlights really make a picture pop. Orton-ish and Lomo-ish are great for model photos.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:42

Thanks for your input. I'm wanting to add sparkles and such. I use the Lomo and Helga quite often, but they're free. Just wondered if anyone really uses the premium features all that much.

<>< Christy
my shop
Old 10-05-2009, 10:13
ahaygood

I do and I LOVE LOVE it! Use it to watermark my pictures! So easy to use too! I just love it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypatia23 View Post
Does any have a premium picnik account? I have the free GIMP but it is just so difficult (and time consuming) to navigate.
I've been using Picnik (the free version) forever, but seeing as they are adding more and more to the premiums, just wondering if anyone has subscribed and if it's worth it. TIA
Old 10-05-2009, 10:14

I love the touch-up features and paid fonts, too. Trust me, it is so worth it!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:37

I love Picnik and I have had the paid subscription for about a yr now. It would be the ultimate photo editing place to go to if it would not be so slow. That is my only issue with it. I can upload about 6-8 photos to edit and then it freezes up. I have contacted them for support but have gotten no help. It is discouraging because I really really love what it can do.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:43

If you're only able to edit a few at a time, check the size of your images. It does this to me when I use large images (over 2000x2000, usually 3,000 and up). You end up using up your browser's temporary memory and need to close the browser to clear it out. If you need to edit high resolution images for printing 8x10's or bigger, I would use Photoshop. For images for the web or smaller prints, it is awesome!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsfordpower View Post
If you're only able to edit a few at a time, check the size of your images. It does this to me when I use large images (over 2000x2000, usually 3,000 and up). You end up using up your browser's temporary memory and need to close the browser to clear it out. If you need to edit high resolution images for printing 8x10's or bigger, I would use Photoshop. For images for the web or smaller prints, it is awesome!

I have to resize mine in PSP9 then go to Picnik and I still have trouble. I love the fonts and watermarking abilities but now I have to do most of my editing in PSP9. My web designer is creating my own frames and is going to be create my own watermark so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

I still say it is worth paying for Picnik just because of what it has to offer.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:12

You might be better off using a batch image resizing tool in that case. It's a pain to do them individually in photoshop just to use Picnik. Alternatively, you can find actions for photoshop that do the same things.

This site is a little pricey, but is is pro quality. It gives you an idea of what the actions can do.

http://www.mcpactions.com/main.html
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies