New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:46

Default taking good pictures

Ok, How do most of you take your pics? when I take mine they come out dull and cheap looking. I want them to be clear and attracting. Maybe I need to buy a new camera. Anybody know what type of camera is great for under 50.00? Thanks
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 06-23-2009, 11:24

Default Re: taking good pictures

yikes! a GOOD camera under fifty bucks? i looked at some best buy cameras for you; for a good one, you'll have to spend at least $80-90 dollars. i have a fujifilm, i got it last year in may for my birthday,, picked it out myself, it hasn't failed me yet, but it came with a huge price tag-FUJIFILM - FinePix 10.0-Megapixel Digital Camera - Silver - Z200fd
tips when looking at a camera-
at least 8, minimum 7 megapixels, to get a crisp image.
hope this helps!
Old 06-23-2009, 04:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by normalee View Post
yikes! a GOOD camera under fifty bucks? i looked at some best buy cameras for you; for a good one, you'll have to spend at least $80-90 dollars. i have a fujifilm, i got it last year in may for my birthday,, picked it out myself, it hasn't failed me yet, but it came with a huge price tag-FUJIFILM - FinePix 10.0-Megapixel Digital Camera - Silver - Z200fd
tips when looking at a camera-
at least 8, minimum 7 megapixels, to get a crisp image.
hope this helps!
Oh WOW...........i got that camera as a present from my DH and i've had nothing but problems with it! It's away now for it's second time getting looked at cos i cna't get clear pictures with it. The camera that i use at the moment is 5 years old and is 4 mp and i LOVE the pics it takes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Re Photos for etsy 001 copy.jpg (74.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg re Photos for etsy 032 copy.jpg (82.5 KB, 18 views)
Old 06-24-2009, 06:02

No suggestions on cameras from me (mine are both much more then $50... one is a DSLR) but for good pictures, I agree... no flash! Natural light! If you can't get enough good light try to make a DIY softbox... I think there's info in the sticky post at the top of this board... otherwise google DIY softbox or DIY lighting and you'll find some great stuff!
Also, make sure you have a very steady hand or even better, use a tripod or set camera on something (like a stack of books) if you do that and use a 2 second timer on the shutter (check your camera manual for that) then you won't have problems with blurring. Another way to get colors that are truer to real life is to set the white balance in your camera (see your manual for that too) a custom white balance would provide the best color.
Last, don't forget about editing! Good editing can bring out the colors and sharpness! There are some great free editing sites and downloads you can get. (I used paint.net... a free download before buying software)
Old 07-10-2009, 05:47

like everyone else has said, try taking pictures outside. find a white sheet or blanket to lay down. i have found my pics look the best with the natural lighting.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:43

Go here Strobist: How To: DIY $10 Macro Photo Studio and see if that will help you.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:29

If mine come out dull or I have a lighting problem I adjust it in photoshop so it looks like it should have originally. I have a 7 megapixel digital camera, one of those little ones that fits in your pocket. Takes create pictures, but the only camera that has ever gotten the colors I wanted is my manual 35mm and it's just too troublesome to develop the film and scan in the pictures. Digital is the way to go!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies