new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:11

Default Re: How do you take nice pics of your Tutus?

I use my daughter. There is nothing cuter than a baby in a tutu.

Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 06-10-2009, 12:27

i have 2 metal dress forms from HL and they are the ones with the scrollwork instead of the straight lines on the bodice. they don't sweep to the side. the only thing is the waist is really tiny so if the tutu is for a toddler i just clip the excess up underneath it for pictures so it fits where it should. i got one on clearance for $15 and i paid $25 for the other one (half off). they also have the 40% off any one item coupons on their website.

also, i've seen where people make like a clothesline with string or ribbon against a fence or brick wall and use clothespins to clip the tutus onto it. looks really cute especially with several in a row. or you can use a cute hanger and just hang it to the string. I have some cute black and white zebra ones i picked up from target for less than a dollar awhile back.

another idea - if you have a big can or other cylindrical shaped item you can wrap it with some sort of cute fabric (or just a solid color) and put the tutu around it. nobody can tell what's underneath and it's a good way to show the fullness of your tutu.

then of course, there's always a live model, if you can get them to sit still
hope this helps.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:56

When I first started making tutus, I used an upside down NEW trash can that was white and my MIL's gorgeous garden as my background. I did lots of closeups next to the flowers to make them pop. Now I use the dress forms from HL and have a small studio setup I use!
Old 06-10-2009, 05:53

I love the clothesline and clothes pins ideal but havent tried it yet. I saw some cute lil bumble bee clothes pins.. I think someone here made them (could be wrong) But they were on etsy and I told my sister those would be sooooo cute to hang tutus with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyeliza View Post
i have 2 metal dress forms from HL and they are the ones with the scrollwork instead of the straight lines on the bodice. they don't sweep to the side. the only thing is the waist is really tiny so if the tutu is for a toddler i just clip the excess up underneath it for pictures so it fits where it should. i got one on clearance for $15 and i paid $25 for the other one (half off). they also have the 40% off any one item coupons on their website.

also, i've seen where people make like a clothesline with string or ribbon against a fence or brick wall and use clothespins to clip the tutus onto it. looks really cute especially with several in a row. or you can use a cute hanger and just hang it to the string. I have some cute black and white zebra ones i picked up from target for less than a dollar awhile back.

another idea - if you have a big can or other cylindrical shaped item you can wrap it with some sort of cute fabric (or just a solid color) and put the tutu around it. nobody can tell what's underneath and it's a good way to show the fullness of your tutu.

then of course, there's always a live model, if you can get them to sit still
hope this helps.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambiestutucreations View Post
I love the clothesline and clothes pins ideal but havent tried it yet. I saw some cute lil bumble bee clothes pins.. I think someone here made them (could be wrong) But they were on etsy and I told my sister those would be sooooo cute to hang tutus with...
I haven't tried it either. I love taking my pictures outside though.
I bet you could go get just plain wooden clothespins from the store and paint them. Different colors, polka dots, stripes, etc.
I'll have to add that to my list of projects that I will probably never get around to! haha
Old 06-11-2009, 01:12

I have a couple of smaller ones like 15" and 24" but I was able to find one there that was petite but bigger than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenhn View Post
I went to TJMAXX today and saw a dress form...Is yours really small? This one was really small and sat on the table. It looked maybe 15 inches?....
Sponsored Links