New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:09

Default Re: How do you Take Good, Clear Photos of your clippies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by polychic View Post
Just wanted to share a pic of a bow. I did it outside with the camera on the macro setting in my make-shift lightbox. There was minimal photoshop done
They look great!! I will have to try that next time.
Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2009, 03:25

I have a very good quality, expensive camera, but despite all the tricks mentioned above I still have to do some editing on many of my pictures to get the colors as accurate as possible. Purples especially...I use photoshop and increase the red tones generally.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi's Bows View Post
Have you tried Fabri-tac? You can get it at Jo-ann's, Michaels and Wal-mart. It dries quickly and holds very well. I've used it on hairbows, headbands, quick costume fixes, all kids of stuff and never had a problem.
I've used Magna-Tac which is supposed to be better than Fabri-Tac. It's good, but if you try to pull the ribbon off it comes off. Does that happen to you with Fabri-Tac?
Old 05-28-2009, 03:49

I can never get good photos of my clippies either. I take them outside in Macro mode (on my camera it's a daisy) and it still doesn't cut it. I think I am going to try the home made lightbox idea next time!
Old 05-28-2009, 01:22

My camera doesn't have a macro mode and I don't have photoshop. I finde if I take pictures outside, they look better. I might try the photobox to see if I can get them looking really good.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:50

I looked at the link, and I see they used a black poster board to block light. Do you just leave all the white tissue paper exposed outside or do you not cover the top at all? Hope I make some since.

Thanks
Old 05-29-2009, 02:15

The black board is just to block light in case you want it blocked from a certain direction... BUT if you're outside you really don't want to block any light because you NEED all the light you can get. When I take it outside, I position myself to where the sun is hitting directly on the tissue paper, but not directly on the front. The point of the tissue paper is to diffuse the light so that there are no sun streaks, if that makes sense I have a Sony cybershot snap shot camera that takes great product pics that I used before my DSLR... IMO the secret is the lightbox. HTH!!

For the clippies, try searching the forum for Sealah tape. It's not exactly what I use, but from what I hear this stuff works amazingly
Old 05-29-2009, 08:11

I use my light box and my hubby has two of his flash lights that came with his power tool sets and i put on on either side and it lights everything up real nice.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:08

thanks for the info, I tried the sealah on some snap clips and it is working so far!!
Old 04-23-2010, 04:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchezutl View Post
I use my light box and my hubby has two of his flash lights that came with his power tool sets and i put on on either side and it lights everything up real nice.
I wonder how much these lights cost individually or if the autmotive lights work just as well
Sponsored Links