Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:32
Default Advise Please!

Hiya ladies,
I've been trying (and failing miserably) to take photos of my stuff for my website. I've been through all the threads here and i still can't do it. I got a new camera for christmas and when i try to take close up photos they end up really blurry. I've made the little light box and i've tried to take them in daylight but i just can't get a good quality picture Does anyone know why this is happening?? The camera i'm using is supposed to be brilliant for close up shots. It's a normal digital camera with settings for day, snow, sport, flower, auction mode, museum, fireworks, portrait and so on. It also has a macro setting for close up shots and it has a setting to reduce camera shake blur. I've tried it on every function. Does anyone know about this type of camera and how to get nice pictures from it. I truly am at the end of my rope here.It's really holding me back from making my millions.........LOL

Sponsored Links
hip girl boutique LLC forum advertisement--pink-lily-wholesale
Old 03-27-2009, 08:50
Default Re: Advise Please!

Okay, I am not the person to ask (since I have not taken 1 pic yet!) but...I've been reading and have bought all advised items. One of the things you did not mention is a tripod. Have you tried that? It is suppose to help the clarity of pics for small close up items.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:57

We're in the same boat, sister! I don't have the fancy photo box, but I did notice today when I was taking some close-ups that I have to depress the button half-way and that is almost like a pre-focus (sorry to get so technical - LOL), and then click all the way. It's 50/50 with mine but I use the close-up portrait setting. I'll be watching this thread anxiously, too!

Old 03-27-2009, 09:09

Yes, that is good advice. My digital is a nice one, I decided to splurge and get the nice one and I love it. It has to be half way pressed and then it focuses and then press the rest of the way down.
Are you taking up close or are you zooming into it?
Don't zoom in, just take up close.

Also, the photo box really is a waste. Take a nice unwrinkled white background, sheets, paperboard on the wall and your stuff on white in front of it. Anything you take can be cropped, so if you get some of the wall, etc, you can crop that right out.

Then use fotoflexer.com online for FREE to crop, resize, add borders, etc.!
Old 03-27-2009, 09:21

Would you mind posting a couple of your photos? Then I might be able to get a better look at what may be the problem.

Also, make sure your battery is fully charged. My Sony does some silly focus tricks when it gets to be about half full. I agree with the other ladies, as well... make sure the camera focuses before pushing all the way down.
Mau Loa Photography
{formerly the Hokey Pokey Boutique but taking a hiatus to finish school}
Old 03-27-2009, 11:42

I have a Rebel and even though I have had it for over 2 years and have still not learned how to "technically" use it in manual, I never have a problem with my pics. When my DH takes pictures, he never holds the button down half way to focus and it drives me nuts because they are always out of focus or blurry, so that is what I was going to mention also. I always photoshop my pics too so I don't worry about being in natural light even though they do look much better like that. Most of my bows I crop out, but on a few on my new site I didn't and they look much better since I took them outside.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:50

You're all as good as gold ladies!!!!!!! I'll try that. I can't post pics at the moment cos i'm on an ancient laptop but when i get the other one back i'll post some. I really work at it and it's just sooooooooo bad
Old 03-31-2009, 03:49

Hey! I just wanted to mention a few things I hadn't seen metioned yet The flower icon is usually your macro setting... that'll help focus very close, if you aren't using your macro setting try that, it could be your camera just isn't able to focus that close in a regular setting. Also, if your camera is choosing a slow shutter speed you'll get a bit of blur... if a tripod doesn't help, try leaving it on the tripod and using a 2 second timer to take the shot... that'll prevent your hands from shaking the camera as you push the shutter.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:11

I take most of my photos on the top of the washing machine. It is white and they turn out great. I hold the camera right on top of the object and get close. Look at my space to see my photos.
MySpace.com - Keepsake in Memories - 38 - Female - HAZARD, Kentucky - www.myspace.com/keepsakeinmemories
Sponsored Links