http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:26

Default Re: my first edited picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklingrubies View Post
OOOh, OOOOh, I have a million questions!! First of all, it looks great, such a difference!
What did you use? I just bought a tripod, light box, lamps, and downloaded gimp (photoshop knock off). Did you use any of those? Can you please explain what you did? I love the view and how close you are to the clips.
Hi, I didn't use any of those. I have a tripod, but I'm too lazy to use it. I usually just take my pictures out side. but I took this one by a window ( it was snowing ore raining outside, can't remember). I edited them at http://www.photoshop.com you just have to set up an account there and it's free. I downloaded gimp but I didn't understand anything. I like photoshop because it was pretty easy. but I'm sure you can do lot more stuff with gimp than photoshop. hope this helps

oh I don't have a light tent either. but I'm thinking to make one soon.

Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:22

I think it's a little to close up actually, its kinda hard to focus on it. But that's just my opinion. Cute!

Old 03-21-2009, 01:00

Is look great to me.....Just a little be close but look great..
Old 03-21-2009, 07:06

thanks guys. I need to work on my photos.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:07

I don't know anything about Photoshop either, but your pic is GREAT! So much to learn....so little time (and $$$)
Old 03-23-2009, 10:49

I don't think your original picture needed to be edited that much the colors were actually truer in the original. are you using the super macro feature on your camera?

Old 03-23-2009, 11:16

There are a lot of pros on here ( and that is not being sarcastic in case anyone takes me up wrong). I honestly thought that was a fabulous picture but i really have a lot to learn. I wish i had someone to help me with this stuff. If i had of taken that picture and edited it i would have been so proud of myself! I haven't taken any pictures yet because i'm too afraid. I got a new camera off my DH that's supposed to be brilliant and was really expensive but every picture i've taken has been rubbish. It's my Achilles heel in this whole process. My website has been up sice December and i only have 1 crap photo on it!!!!!!!!!!!

Maeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilki View Post
Hi, I didn't use any of those. I have a tripod, but I'm too lazy to use it. I usually just take my pictures out side. but I took this one by a window ( it was snowing ore raining outside, can't remember). I edited them at http://www.photoshop.com you just have to set up an account there and it's free. I downloaded gimp but I didn't understand anything. I like photoshop because it was pretty easy. but I'm sure you can do lot more stuff with gimp than photoshop. hope this helps

oh I don't have a light tent either. but I'm thinking to make one soon.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by wichitamom View Post
I don't think your original picture needed to be edited that much the colors were actually truer in the original. are you using the super macro feature on your camera?
I am using macro feature. but the pictures come out darker than the real product.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:12

I'm pretty new to the bow making thing... but photos I do know!!! the edit is definately too light, the colors have changed tones. One suggestion I have (if you don't already do it) is to set a custom white balance for you photo... that'll help the original have truer colors and the whites will be whiter so you won't have to edit so much. You can also try to use white cardboard to refect the natural light you have coming from windows to get a more evenly lit photo... that really just takes alot of playing around to get right. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg