http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:29

Default How do you take those great pictures?

Hi! I am trying to get my site up and running. However, every time I take a picture of one of my items, looks terrible. If you don't mind sharing, please tell me how you are able to get such wonderful pictures of your items? Thank you!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 01-10-2009, 10:44

Default Re: How do you take those great pictures?

I created a light box from a tut that is posted here. It cost me less than $10
Here is how my shots come out now.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:57

I owe it all to my DSLR camera. I usually take my pics during the day to use as much natural lighting as I can. I still have the light on in the room for a little more extra light, but I don't use flash.

Last edited by mdb78; 01-10-2009 at 11:03.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb78 View Post
I owe it all to my DSLR camera. I usually take my pics during the day to use as much natural lighting as I can. I still have the light on in the room for a little more extra light, but I don't use flash.
Ditto for me too, only our natural lighting sucks and we'd freeze to death trying to go outside, so I try to bring in as much as I can and then rely mostly on photoshop to do the rest
Old 01-11-2009, 12:02
Administrator

Here are the tutorials for light box:

Day light bulb for perfect picture

How To Make Light Box/Light Tent

Here is how to remove back groud:

How To Remove Image Backgroud Using Photoshop--1

How To Remove Image Backgroud Using Photoshop--2

Most of the time, we just took pictures outside and use photo shop to do the trick. Please see attached "before" images and the "after image" below.

We are considering to offer digital image editing service. To begin, the price for removing the backgroud for the product pictures, the price will be $2 each. If the total <$20, there’ll be extra $2 charge for processing fee. I'm not sure if it's reasonable. Please let me know.

thanks
Michelle

Attached Images
File Type: jpg g2_sm.jpg (78.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg g8-sm.jpg (62.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg g7-sm.jpg (87.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 01-11-2009, 10:33

Thank you everyone for all the very needed help! I will try your advice. Hopefully, I can finally post some pictures of my bows :-)
Old 01-11-2009, 10:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnSGD View Post
I created a light box from a tut that is posted here. It cost me less than $10
Here is how my shots come out now.

All I have to say is wow!
Old 01-11-2009, 11:14

I dont' have photoshop, but I have good luck with Picasa to brighten up a picture. Using the little tool called "neutral color picker" is awesome for making the white background look better!

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 01-11-2009, 01:51

The first thing to do is have a digital camera that is 8.0 mega pixels or more.
Set your camera to macro when you take a picture, usually you will see a flower.

Here is a sample of pictures I took in different places.

The top left photo was taken out side in the same place as the top right photo. It was on my covered porch against a brick wall. On the top left photo I clipped out the background in Adobe Illustrator since I don't have photo shop. Before I removed the background I took all the photo's into Picasa and adjusted them to sharpen them and then I adjusted them to make them brighter by adjusting the light.

The bottom left photo was taken inside my house in my kitchen. I taped white paper up on the wall and took the picture. The bottom right photo was taken outside at about 10am before the sun was to bright. I am not an expert but I find you should always try to take pictures outside out of bright light and crop all your photos so the item you are selling is the focal point instead of your background.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativekiddos View Post
The first thing to do is have a digital camera that is 8.0 mega pixels or more.
Set your camera to macro when you take a picture, usually you will see a flower.

Here is a sample of pictures I took in different places.

The top left photo was taken out side in the same place as the top right photo. It was on my covered porch against a brick wall. On the top left photo I clipped out the background in Adobe Illustrator since I don't have photo shop. Before I removed the background I took all the photo's into Picasa and adjusted them to sharpen them and then I adjusted them to make them brighter by adjusting the light.

The bottom left photo was taken inside my house in my kitchen. I taped white paper up on the wall and took the picture. The bottom right photo was taken outside at about 10am before the sun was to bright. I am not an expert but I find you should always try to take pictures outside out of bright light and crop all your photos so the item you are selling is the focal point instead of your background.

Awesome pictures! I appreciate all the details. It really helps since I was somewhat lost. Thanks for your help!!!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.