key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:09

Default Anyone have a wide angle lens?

We have a museum by us that has some really neat outdoor sculptures and I wanted to take my kids pics out by them. For some reason I was thinking a wide angle would be best for this, but I'm not sure. Anyone have a wide angle and can tell me what they are best used for? Thx
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 10-23-2008, 03:37

Default Re: Anyone have a wide angle lens?

I don't think you really need it to be wide angle. I use a 75-300mm IS telephoto lens for almost ALL of my kids shots. What are you shooting with?
Old 10-24-2008, 09:53

One is 18-55 and the other goes to 200. Here's one of the pics I took yesterday. My girls were'nt cooperating. I did get a few decent closeups, but we have a really cool LOVE statue and your not suppose to get on it.

Here's one of my DD, this is why I thought maybe a wide angle would be better.
syd love.jpg

and maybe this one
Audrey & syd fountain.jpg

These are the close up's that I thought turned out decent. I love how the flowers are blurry in front of my DD. Too bad sh'e not even looking at me. lol What do you think? I just love taking pics of my kids! Especially my girls. My little guy refused to go with us and it was so nice, today is rainy. I'm not going to have many more nice days to try and get all three together.

Audrey flowers resize.jpg
Syd B&W smaller size.jpg
Old 10-24-2008, 12:47

I see what you mean with the giant LOVE and the wide angle. I do close up with the telephoto lens also. I will say that it's my favorite lens. I love the picture of your daughter and the flowers, I love it even more that she is NOT looking at you. It seems alittle more artistic (for lack of a better term) I LOVE photography (almost as much as making clips, maybe even more)
Old 10-24-2008, 12:48

I also love the last picture, especially the fact that your DD is not centered. Great job
Old 10-24-2008, 04:40

Thanks, before I went to take the pics I was looking at things on the internet on how to take better pics. One thing said something about looking at it as thirds, so the subject is off centered. I like the one with the flowers too! I used the portait setting. I had never really used it before. It worked great. I guess I'll have to search the net about the wide angle lens.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:22

Nice pictures. I love those last two of your girls. I've been trying to learn about photography lately too. I'm not great at it yet, but I'm getting there. I don't have a wide angle lens, so I can't help with that part. I just thought I'd pass along some of my favorite photography sites.
Pioneer Woman Photography - Ree Drummond
http://www.morguefile.com/archive/classroom.php
Digital Photography Tips for Beginners
How to Make Great Photos
Old 10-24-2008, 11:06

The last two are my favorites as well. I think they will grace the walls in my house. I bought this camera last year and love it!! It's a Nikon. fpr as much money as I've spent getting my kids pics taken, I figure I could hopefully take some decent pics and save the money. I love taking their pics outside with nature.

Thanks for the sites. I will check them out and see what else I can learn!
Old 10-28-2008, 11:25

The love pic would def. look great w/ a wide angle! i don't have one yet, but it's on my wishlist list, along with a fisheye lens!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif