Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:52
Default Re: Home made light box

Originally Posted by Silleycats View Post
Those are great detailed pictures! what do you use to edit them? I tried the photo plus that was recommended on another thread, however it doesn't work on my Mac.

I used Photoshop, but I only did a few things:
1. Lighten the overall image
2. Remove the background with magic wand
3. Add a bit of contrast (after I have removed the background)

I think most photo editing softwares would be able to do what I did on photoshop.

The lightbox did most of the work. I used a regular Daylight lightbulb. If you need more light, this site gives you quite a bit of information on what bulb to buy:
TableTop Studio - Lighting Myths

Oh... and check out your camera functions. Sometimes, you can increase the exposure (allowing more light into the camera) to get a brighter pics. And that will save you heaps of editing time.

I did one batch of photos without a lightbox, and spent the whole afternoon editing. I gave up, took out my lightbox and took them again. And this time I spent only 1-2 hours editing nearly 100 photos.

All the best! I hope the information helps. Just message me if you need more help with this.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2008, 01:42
Default Re: Home made light box

Originally Posted by XoXoS View Post
how doe sa photo light box help you out?? i know pics are everything, and i feel like mine maybe too blehh
Hi Amanda

A lightbox helps to diffuse direct glare from a light source, it also helps to reflect light, creating an even lighting within the box. (Think... those guys holding up large silver discs at a photography session, or a large silver umbrellas at both ends of the backdrop. Those stuff are to help reflect light)

With an even lighting in the box, shadows are minimize, there is no reflection on the object and colours are more accurate.

I have attached 2 examples. One photo was taken using a light tent/box with minimal light, no tweaking camera, and the other was taken beside my window on a sunny day (sorry about the quality of examples, as these are the only 2 I found that are not edited. I hope they explain what I am trying to say above)

The one taken with the light tent/box will make your editing life alot easier as the colours are quite true. All you need to do is work on your brightness and overall contrast.

I hope I managed to answer your question.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg no light box.JPG (29.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg lightbox.JPG (27.3 KB, 17 views)
Sponsored Links