New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
Unique ebooks, accessories, little pink ladybug

Clickin' Moms
10% off: FRIEND

ribbon sculpture tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:16
Default What do you do?

What do you do when you know someone locally uses others pictures to sell stuff? Just let the original owner know?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2013, 10:23
Default Re: What do you do?

If you feel you can, you could let that person know (in a tactful way). Sometimes, people don't realize that it's not right to do that. That people spend tons of time on photos and products, and you shouldn't use their work to sell your products. I would say this is especially problematic if they are using them on a site. Misrepresenting someone else's work as your own isn't right. They may just be doing it because it's easy, not realizing it's inappropriate. (of course, they may just be evil and bad too, haha)

If they are showing them to someone else as kind of inspiration (privately), and both know that they are someone else's photos, that may be a bit of a gray area. May not be right, but not quite the same...

Good luck : )
-Jennifer- Full-time working mommy to Connor (August '09) and Maia (June '11)
Please forgive my typos, I'm often on an iPad which is difficult to edit (if I even noticed it changed a word )
Old 01-29-2013, 11:46

If I know who is the owner of the pictures sure I will let this person know someone use their pictures..I would like if someone see my pictures around let me know...
__________________ (FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE )
Old 01-30-2013, 12:08

I have seen this happen a few times and it isn't right. I would let the original owner know. I don't really think that there is a good excuse for using another person's photos. I mean it's not a legit representation of what you sell just "something that is similar to what you sell".
Old 02-09-2013, 09:30

Definitely let the original owner know!
Contact me if you are in need of a photographer/models. I do trades!!/pages/Cammi-Lewis-Photography/103887832107
Old 02-25-2013, 01:56

I would for sure let the original owner know about it! I would want to be told if it happened to me.
Sponsored Links