key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:59
Default I haven't been in business more than two weeks...

And someone has already stolen a picture from me!! The other day my friend requested a custom ornament from me to paint. I posted it on Etsy yesterday morning and a few hours ago a random customer sent me a message saying they saw the same picture, with my watermark included, on someone else's shop! About 30 minutes after that the shop was closed. I am starting to get a little discouraged and worried because this seems to be happening more and more lately. How can someone be so bold as to steal a picture and not even try to cover up the logo. They were trying to sell it for double what I was even asking. That bad thing is I only put that ornament up yesterday. I think there needs to be a way that we can get Etsy to have the option not to allow saving of a picture. Sometimes just reporting the shop/picture is not enough. I just hope this doesn't happen on a regular basis. It's actually funner because earlier I commented on a thread about stolen pictures here and then like 30 minutes later I got the convo from the customer.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2012, 01:31
Default Re: I haven't been in business more than two weeks...

Sorry this happened to you. I've had it happen a handful of times both on Etsy and Facebook and I know how frustrating it can be. I don't get how people don't know it's wrong...or they just don't care :/.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:01

That's terrible!
Contact me if you are in need of a photographer/models. I do trades!!/pages/Cammi-Lewis-Photography/103887832107
Old 02-10-2013, 11:43

It doesn't matter if the "save" function is disabled...people can get around it. I can save any image that will come up on my computer screen...It's as simple as printing a screenshot and manipulating it in pretty much any image editing software.

Your best bet is to make your watermark intrude on the image (this sucks) and have it include your etsy shop, so customers are led back to your shop.

All of my tutorials are now available through my etsy store.

Check out my Tutorial Album on Picasa.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:52

Wow! That's awful. I can't believe people need to sink so low and take away other people's hard work. Too easy nowadays I guess. It's truly unfortunate and I'm sorry it happened to you.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:18

Sorry that this happened but good thing someone was looking out for you! You got lucky that you were alerted so quickly! So many get stolen and it goes on for a while before anyone notices! Don't let it discourage you! Keep going and just always keep your eyes open thats all

I Had number 3 and she was a "HE" so much for bow making for my DD
Old 10-25-2013, 08:29

This is my first day on this site and I see this as a huge trend. I'm sorry that this happened to you!
Sponsored Links
hair flower patterns and instructions