Camera Hunting Help Please
Im in the market for a camera Im looking to take pictures of my head bands and family also (I'd like to make best use out of a camera for buisness and famly needs). I''ve been leaning more towards the Nikon D3100 but I get confused as to which camera will best suit what I need it for. Can anyone give any suggestions as to what I should be looking for in a camrea I don't want to rush out and buy a camera without known it is right for my needs or buy one on an impulse just for the brand, I'm totally clueless when it comes to all the spec's
Any help would be very much appreciated
Re: Camera Hunting Help Please
First off, I am faaar from being any expert but I recently took a photography class (for every day pics, not for those pursuing a career) and they gave us some good pointers when shopping for cameras
1. Purchase one with a Manual mode. You want to be able to change your shutter speed, aperture, white balance, exposure, etc.
2. It is better to purchase from a local camera shop. Before going in, know your budget. 1. Because they usually have a repair shop available. 2. They can walk you through what camera does what. 3. You can find better bundle deals there than online or in the electronic stores. 4. They would be better to assist you in purchasing accessories for your camera.
3. I was told that the Canon rebel does well for those starting out but Nikon is sometimes the preferred along with Olympus. It's all usually a preference.
4. Don't go spending thousands of dollars unless you can make good use of it. In other words, if you purchase a low end SLR, you are still doing better than your every day point and shoot.
5. (optional) Purchase a camera with a detachable flash. Sometimes the flash can be a hindrance versus a help.
6. There is nothing wrong with a point and shoot as long as it does what you need it to. So if the budget is tight, you still can't go wrong with purchasing a point and shoot.
7. Once again I am not a professional and someone may chime and in and be like "SHE'S CRAZAY!!!!DON'T LISTEN TO HER!" lol
Good luck to you and hope one of the ladies who have more expertise chime in.
Website coming soon!