zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
Shop by color--grosgrain ribbon, hair bows, craft supplies

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:58
Default Sending items directly to a photographer

I recently contacted a wonderful photographer to trade items with and she agree'd! I'm so excited! I use different agencies, Little Diamond Models, Boutique Beauties etc but haven't really worked directly with someone that isn't related to HG

Anyways I'm wondering what all I need to do to cover my behind and the photogs. Normally I send out a model release form with the products but what should I do with the photog? Do they generally let the parents know that they are trading the photos and that their child will be on the internet? I know they have full rights to do what they want with the photos but I wouldn't want any upset parents contacting me telling me to take their child off my website.

Also how do you deal with turnaround times? Do you send the stuff when they have someone scheduled or?

If there is anything I missed, or something you wish you knew before you traded directly with a photographer please let me know. I hope this makes sense and isn't too scatter brained. Thanks!
♥ Dana
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2012, 10:50
Default Re: Sending items directly to a photographer

I JUST met up with my photographer tonight and gave her a whole bunch of my items to take some pictures for me. We are also doing an exchange thing. What she said she does is whenever she has time here and there she'll take pictures. I don't think she ever said what her turn around time is. Hopefully not too long. BUT, I had a question. What all do I give her for taking these photos? Has anyone ever done this before that can give me and idea? Does she just take what she wants?
Old 02-02-2012, 08:26

The photographer has the job of doing the model release form. My best advice is to start off very slowly with just a few items. See how that goes and take it from there.
What you give them for the pictures is more props that they want. It's a win/win when it goes well.
They're getting free props and you're getting great images.
Unfortunatly, it doesn't always go well and one or the other may start to feel like they're being taken advantage of.
Communication is key and start small!
Old 02-24-2012, 06:18

I have always wondered how this works do they return items or keep? any costs associated?
Sponsored Links