New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:38

Default Re: Price for me please?

Thanks for the advice, the next bows that I post up (non-seasonal) I'll try to step my price up a tad and see what happens from there. I am starting to get some feedback from my 10 for $10 sales so I hope this really boosts my scores. The only thing that stinks is I am having problems with shipping methods. I did a little looking around at some of the other Etsy shops and did a comparison with their shipping charges and I just can't see how they do it. I went to the post office today and I about hit the floor with the fee..... I asked them if it would be any cheaper if I brought my own box and the postal clerk said, "The only thing you'll be saving by doing that is about a nickel", we don't charge you for using our box, it's the weight of the item and the charge of destination." Any advice on that one? I mean the lady wasn't rude she was trying to be helpful so I don't think she was trying to brush me off or anything....
Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2011, 10:43

Beautiful, and very good price!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:53

$10 easily, super cute, well done.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:57

What are you shipping when you talk about shipping costs? I can ship most anything (single bows, small clippie set) for less than $3 regular first class mail.

If you are shipping priority, then $4.95 is the base for the small box. Honestly, everything I've shipped first class in a 6x6x2 box arrives almost as fast as priority..... and for about 1/2 the price.

If your customer wants it super fast or wants priority, then you could offer priority for the actual price, but I offer flat $2.95 shipping on all my bows, whether they purchase one or 10, even if it goes over the $2.95, it isn't by much.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracies Mom View Post
What are you shipping when you talk about shipping costs? I can ship most anything (single bows, small clippie set) for less than $3 regular first class mail.

If you are shipping priority, then $4.95 is the base for the small box. Honestly, everything I've shipped first class in a 6x6x2 box arrives almost as fast as priority..... and for about 1/2 the price.

If your customer wants it super fast or wants priority, then you could offer priority for the actual price, but I offer flat $2.95 shipping on all my bows, whether they purchase one or 10, even if it goes over the $2.95, it isn't by much.
I have a 10 for $10 in my etsy shop right now. The bows are 4" half pinwheel bows on alligator clips. It costs me over $4 to ship and that, to me that is ridiculous..... I feel like this sale is already a great deal, it's kind of like a way to get my feedback scores up. The bad thing is the shipping is now cutting into my meager profits. What methods would you take to lower the shipping for those items(box size, ship method etc.) Thanks so much for your help, I'll take all I can get.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:01

Are you shipping 1st Class? I buy the smallest boxes that work for me on uline.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandlysasmom View Post
Are you shipping 1st Class? I buy the smallest boxes that work for me on uline.
I know this sounds crazy, but I have no idea, I just walked in and said I need to ship these bows out the cheapest and safest way without crushing my bows and that is what they gave me.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirandab View Post
I know this sounds crazy, but I have no idea, I just walked in and said I need to ship these bows out the cheapest and safest way without crushing my bows and that is what they gave me.
If they were offering you boxes it sounds like priority.

From now on print your labels from home using paypal. Use 1st class and you will save a fortune in money and time. You can even have the post person pick up your packages. You just need a $10 scale from walmart

HTH
Old 12-10-2011, 06:47

You can ship first class up to 13 oz. and as long as the box total dimensions are less than 84" (length + girth). I use 4 x 4 x 4 boxes and 6 x 6 x 4 or 6x6x2 boxes from Uline. I bought my scale (USPS scale) at Kmart for $29, its the same one sold at post office for $39, go figure.

but here are shipping rates for 1st class package for US through paypal with tracking:
1 oz - 3 oz: $1.75
4 oz: $1.92
5 oz: $2.09
6 oz: $2.26
7 oz: $2.43
8 oz: $2.60
9 oz: $2.77
10 oz: $2.94
11 oz: $3.11
12 oz: $3.28
13 oz: $3.45

I would weigh your bow packages in a box, say a priority size box and figure the weight, it if is 13 oz or less, better off shipping 1st class. Only ship priority if customer requests and charge actual priority rate.

I just shipped a package in a 6x6x2 box that had two large boutique bows and a 3 clip set, weighed less than 5 oz.

Hope this helps!
Old 12-10-2011, 09:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracies Mom View Post
You can ship first class up to 13 oz. and as long as the box total dimensions are less than 84" (length + girth). I use 4 x 4 x 4 boxes and 6 x 6 x 4 or 6x6x2 boxes from Uline. I bought my scale (USPS scale) at Kmart for $29, its the same one sold at post office for $39, go figure.

but here are shipping rates for 1st class package for US through paypal with tracking:
1 oz - 3 oz: $1.75
4 oz: $1.92
5 oz: $2.09
6 oz: $2.26
7 oz: $2.43
8 oz: $2.60
9 oz: $2.77
10 oz: $2.94
11 oz: $3.11
12 oz: $3.28
13 oz: $3.45

I would weigh your bow packages in a box, say a priority size box and figure the weight, it if is 13 oz or less, better off shipping 1st class. Only ship priority if customer requests and charge actual priority rate.

I just shipped a package in a 6x6x2 box that had two large boutique bows and a 3 clip set, weighed less than 5 oz.

Hope this helps!
Thanks so much for the trouble you've taken to help me! I believe I am going to be looking into boxes on uline and a scale. It sounds like I would do WAY better doing everything from home. I have a couple of more questions....sorry....but do you buy stickers to print your postage on from home or do you just tape regular paper to the box....and also I want to buy some boxes. You spoke of the 6x6x2 size, do you think that would fit my 10 for 10's?
Sponsored Links

Tags
prices bow