New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Tips for taking better pictures, using photo editing softwares.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:59

Default Consent form wordings

Hi guys

I need some advice. I have a photographer who used my products in exchange for some images. The problem is, she hasn't sent through a proper consent form. She has a website, however, the email that she sent from is gmail and she sent a generic consent statement, unsigned by hand.

Here goes...

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO USE THESE IMAGES TO ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCTS, BUT THE IMAGES MUST NOT BE CROPPED OR ALTERED IN ANY WAY

EXAMPLE PHOTOGRAPHY

Surely, this is incorrect? Exactly what should I request from the consent form?

Many thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2011, 09:07

Default Re: Consent form wordings

I never send a consent form. Hum, never got one from a photographer either.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:33

Just want to cover my own back as I don't want anyone potentially claiming that I'm not authorised to use the images. I'm assuming most people do require a consent form from the photographers. I would really appreciate some advice on how this should be worded! Many thanks.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:02

I would think you should be fine. I am a photographer and I have a website. I use gmail for my photography. I do have consent forms that I use with paid clients or when a person requires it. However, if someone were to ask me for the permission to use my images, I would probably respond the same way this photographer did. I don't have a specific consent form that I would sign that states you have the right to use my images. I believe what you are actually looking for is a release form. All photographers operate differently. Not all photographers use contracts and perhaps she doesn't. I would say so long as you have the email from her, and that wording is used, you should be fine. Is her business info in the signature of the email? I have my name, photography business name and website address in the signature. That would make it more official and perhaps less questionable if it came about. The other question is was all the communication between the two of you from the same email? I don't think it's that big of a deal. A lot of websites out there are actually "blogsites" and they some aren't their own domain so they can't have their own email. That is why they would use a generic email account such as yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc. They also might just be a new photographer who isn't sure how to handle these types of requests. Hope this long answer helps to ease your worries.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:33

Thank you so much for the detailed answer. That puts my mind a little more at ease! I have since found out that she does have a new email address for her own website. The emails I received do not have her professional details on there though. I'm not sure if I should ask for an edited consent form to be signed by hand.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:35

All communications between us were from the same email..
Old 12-05-2011, 07:55

A hand signed release or consent isnt actually completely valid unless notorized, you have no way to prove otherwise that it was the photographer / business that made it, or just made up by the person whose photos your using....
Sponsored Links